RE: How to open a closed case with PayPal?

bemofunny
Contributor
Contributor
  1. I ordered a pendant light from this company on Dec 5, 2019
  2. a month later the tracking still shows it's somewhere in China still. So I filed a complaint with PayPal.
  3. PayPal said to give it a month to contact the seller which never response.
  4. So I escalate and PayPal said to give it another month to investigate. 
  5. A few days ago which is more than 3 months after ordering the product. I received a box and the delivery guy took pictures and signature etc.
  6. Well, it's an empty box. And PayPal closed the case. I can't find anywhere in there that I can't reopen the case. I don't know how did PayPal making it so difficult to dispute a fraud. How is that PayPal is protecting their customers? And it has to take this long to dispute? Have I gone directly with the credit card company then it would be just a phone call to resolve the case.

Have anyone encountered this similar issue before and give me a pointer on how to solve this case? I am going to contact Apple Card and have them help resolve it.

Thanks,

- CJ

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bemofunny 

You should have had the option to 'change' the dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described before paypal closed it but as you didn't then you will have to ask paypal customer services if they will open a 'not as described' dispute for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bemofunny 

You should have had the option to 'change' the dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described before paypal closed it but as you didn't then you will have to ask paypal customer services if they will open a 'not as described' dispute for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bemofunny
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @kernowlass , I will follow your advice. I didn't know or understand the idea to change "FROM non receipt TO not as described"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.