cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC airplane F-14 tomcat SCAM, Paypal seems to be complicit

Highlighted
Contributor

RC airplane F-14 tomcat SCAM, Paypal seems to be complicit

Purchased an F-14 RC airplane off of a Facebook AD.  I assumed Facebook wouldn't allow fake advertisers.  I was wrong.  it took a month to arrive and when it did it was a small metal model appox 5 in long.  I contacted the seller who offered me a 5$ refund i declined and demanded a full refund.  They required me to ship it back at a cost almost equal to the purchase price. I declined and filed a dispute which escalated to a claim.  I provided the video that advertised the RC airplane, the invoice, the website that was linked, and pics of the actual item.  Seller agrees to refund only if i send it back and they give me a return address in Chinese, which I cant read, understand, or reproduce on a shipping label.  

I will be following up with my CC company

I have messaged PayPal but haven't heard anything back due to the sluggishness of their response time.  I will no longer be using pay pal for purchases, i will probably keep the account for receiving.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: RC airplane F-14 tomcat SCAM, Paypal seems to be complicit

Update:

Paypal says since i have the item, i cant be refund until they receive the item.  I reminded them i don't have THE item, I have AN item that doesn't even remotely represent what was purchased.  They offered the shipping protection but I don't have a usable address that I can Ship back to.  They obviously aren't even reading the messages they are sending.  

Ive Filed a dispute with my Credit Card and they are following up.  But after 19 years of a good relationship, this has soured me.  The only reason to use paypal is for protection like this and if they can no longer provide it......Well....

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: RC airplane F-14 tomcat SCAM, Paypal seems to be complicit

ha! I just received another message from paypal after telling them that the address was unusable as it was in Chinese.  They told they were sorry but I had to return the item to get a refund.........ID love to, but i dont have a valid return address!!   i certainly dont have any use for this piece of crap!