RC airplane F-14 tomcat SCAM, Paypal seems to be complicit

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased an F-14 RC airplane off of a Facebook AD.  I assumed Facebook wouldn't allow fake advertisers.  I was wrong.  it took a month to arrive and when it did it was a small metal model appox 5 in long.  I contacted the seller who offered me a 5$ refund i declined and demanded a full refund.  They required me to ship it back at a cost almost equal to the purchase price. I declined and filed a dispute which escalated to a claim.  I provided the video that advertised the RC airplane, the invoice, the website that was linked, and pics of the actual item.  Seller agrees to refund only if i send it back and they give me a return address in Chinese, which I cant read, understand, or reproduce on a shipping label.  

I will be following up with my CC company

I have messaged PayPal but haven't heard anything back due to the sluggishness of their response time.  I will no longer be using pay pal for purchases, i will probably keep the account for receiving.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

Paypal says since i have the item, i cant be refund until they receive the item.  I reminded them i don't have THE item, I have AN item that doesn't even remotely represent what was purchased.  They offered the shipping protection but I don't have a usable address that I can Ship back to.  They obviously aren't even reading the messages they are sending.  

Ive Filed a dispute with my Credit Card and they are following up.  But after 19 years of a good relationship, this has soured me.  The only reason to use paypal is for protection like this and if they can no longer provide it......Well....

Login to Me Too

thinder
Contributor
Contributor

ha! I just received another message from paypal after telling them that the address was unusable as it was in Chinese.  They told they were sorry but I had to return the item to get a refund.........ID love to, but i dont have a valid return address!!   i certainly dont have any use for this piece of crap!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.