Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justmad

@Vickie55

@Anomaly

@nan65

@pfachting

AS LONG AS YOU DIDN'T PAY WITH THE FRIENDS / FAMILY OPTION THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BUYER PROTECTION SO...............

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justmad
Contributor
Contributor
Opened the dispute today. Thank you
Login to Me Too

patfarm
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Go here too and file cases with the FTC and Internet Fraud....Paypal refused to refund on of my charges

Login to Me Too

arbetter2000
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, was taken in by this artist. Unfortunately, did not do my homework like I normally do. Experience is a bitter teacher. At any rate, after doing my research here and elsewhere, sending my e-mails to the quilt company and getting the "we are waiting for the tracking #s response,  filing my protest with Paypal, I went and called my bank. They were most helpful in giving me a provisional chargeback, and they are investigating the company along w/the claim.  I will more than likely continue on with a complaint to FTC about this person (as soon as I can find some pertinent info on the head of this snake!)

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
More BS. Opened duspute, you closed, emails, calls, phony tracking. You do not stand and behind your claims!! Auto responses, one hr waits then disconnected. How dare you suggest you can help when you have lied to me for almost 2 months.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Beckydlany

I'm sorry my response caused frustration. That was not my intent. 

As we do not have access to a customer's information on the Community Forum, we cannot assist with account specific issues. You would need to reach out to us via phone, Message Center, Facebook or Twitter if you'd like us to look further into this. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously you did not read by post. I have called, emailed, opened a dispute - closed ny Paypal - emailed 10 times at least. Nobody will do anything. No product, no refund. (removed by moderator). You can refund 49.91 and credit my account if you want to help. I spent 3 weeks chasing this down and got nowhere as have the other 200 plus that were scammed.

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously you did not read by post. I have called, emailed, opened a dispute - closed ny Paypal - emailed 10 times at least. Nobody will do anything. No product, no refund. (removed by moderator). You can refund 49.91 and credit my account if you want to help. I spent 3 weeks chasing this down and got nowhere as have the other 200 plus that were scammed. Not when I try to post I get ten minutes of error messages. “Try again later”

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Beckydlany

We cannot access a customer's account on the PayPal Community. If you'd like us to look into this, please reach us outside of the PayPal Community. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Alicemcdowell
Company has many names all are fraud
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.