Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

I am so glad that you received a nice one.  The one I received is very washed out.  I pulled mine out and compared it to yours and they are very different.  Same exact quilt that I ordered for my brother.  Still waiting on PayPal.  May end up contacting my bank.

Login to Me Too

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

I’m the originator of this post. I ordered my quilt about the 18th of November.  I received my quilt today and I’m very happy with what I received. It took a while and communication was not great. However, my little grandson was thrilled with his dachshund quilt. I know there have been a lot of people very unhappy but for the price, I am satisfied. This company is in China and that is why the BBB has no record of them. I feel they need to up their game on communication. Here in the US, a quilt...a really good one would probably be around 350.00 and up so you should be realistic about the price. I ordered because it was a “dachshund” quilt. I looked and looked after ordering this one and there simply wasn’t anything available anywhere like this. These were not sitting on a shelf ready to go out. They were made after you ordered. If you would like to see what I received private message me on Facebook and I will forward you a picture. 

Login to Me Too

Cbusse
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure how to message you on FB but if you could post a picture that would be great.
Login to Me Too

JRenee54
Contributor
Contributor
I'm glad you are happy with it but I am not. The dauschaud one I ordered was clearly not made after I ordered. The tag on it confirms that. This is a throw not a quilt. I understand that quilts can be more expensive but they should not have advertised it as a quilt either. There is a big long black number on the bottom panel that looks awful. In the picture of the one I ordered you had dauschauds in Santa hats pulling Santas sleigh. On the blanket I received they look more like cows with no hats. Several of the panels are cartoonish and do not look like dauschauds. On the one where its suppose to say Happy New Year 2019 it says 2018. This was suppose to be a present for my mother and theres no way I'm giving it to her. I want to return it but they are now again not answering emails. So to me it is a scam because you do not receive what you ordered.
Login to Me Too

JRenee54
Contributor
Contributor
Just wanted to give an update. I had changed my dispute to not what I ordered because the "blanket" I received is in no way what I ordered. Received an email today from PayPal stating that they awarded in my favor BUT I needed to return the blanket and when it was returned then I would receive my refund. Of course returning to Hong Kong would cost me more than was worth it so this upset me especially when I ordered I was led to believe that the company was in the US. So I started a chat with PayPal and within minutes I was refunded the total amount and told not to worry about returning it. So be persistent but make sure that you talk to PayPal during the process.
Login to Me Too

Cbusse
Contributor
Contributor
Darn pictures are blocked .. really pay pal
Login to Me Too

OberV
Contributor
Contributor

What was the original size you ordered? 

Login to Me Too

GraniteGargoyle
Contributor
Contributor

@OberV wrote:

What was the original size you ordered? 

Queen, if I remember right. Was just suppose to be something my wife could sit under while watching tv. It's a baby blanket, at best.

Login to Me Too

KathrynJoy
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, I ordered at Amelia quilts (removed), billable through Printabel Company Ltd.  No reply to emails, can't track my order, then I saw their webpage shut down.   I have filed a report with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

solegypsy
Contributor
Contributor

GOOD LUCK!  Paypal has denied both my claims.  They say because the seller sent them shipping info.  the shipping information is bogus!  I will be cancelling my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.