Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

I paid the outrageous price to return the scrap of fabric to HK with PayPal promising to reimburse my shipping cost.   The package went to Hk but the delivery was denied by the addressee!   I supplied all the requested documentation and eventually was fully refunded by PayPal, both my original purchase price and the return shipping cost.   The rejected return finally arrived back here, and I am the proud owner of the scrap of cloth.  At least I paid nothing for it except a bunch of my time and angst.    I recommend persisting with PayPal, d

epending on how much the refund is worth to you.

Login to Me Too

WileyNelson
Contributor
Contributor
This company scammed me with a crappy printed quilt that looks nothing like the picture, and paypal denied my claim for a return and refund! They are called "Hmcozy" now, they just re name themselves as people figure out that they are scammers. The reviews on their website are all fake, and you can't leave one yourself. PayPal needs to axe this seller permanently.
Login to Me Too

Meredith88
Contributor
Contributor
It is truly ridiculous that PayPal supports this group no matter what name they use. I tried for several months to get a refund to no avail.
Login to Me Too

kaykay13
Contributor
Contributor

I am out of $200 -- placed one order.  -- 4 hours later the company placed another order.  Nov 29th -- started dispute with paypal -- and my cc company.  No help from either.....received two pieces of crap -- and because the company shows the delivery -- out of the money!!! Hope you have better luck!!!

Login to Me Too

Meredith88
Contributor
Contributor
HMCozy looks a little different and shows an address in the states. When you looked at the other one closely it showed they were in Asia and the phone number was an Asian one as well. I’m hoping they aren’t the same company.
Login to Me Too

clayjoan
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a really cute quilt from them and received a piece of garbage. I actually sent it back to China but PayPal would not help because there is no tracking number. I had the post office receipt but China has no tracking. No help from PayPal. They want a tracking number. Then yesterday the darn thing actually came back again. Probably the address they list does not exist.
Login to Me Too

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from this same sham company and received a full refund from PayPal including a refund for the shipping cost to return it to Hong Kong.  Anything you ship internationally will have a customs number which can be used for tracking.  It doesn't matter whether China has tracking or not.   You have to be persistent and follow PayPal instructions to the letter, but you CAN get a refund.    Good luck.  These people should be arrested for a continuing scam -- it is theft right out in the open. 

Login to Me Too

scvoter
Contributor
Contributor

I am at the end of my saga of the quilt purchase.

I did everything Paypal Recommended and finally got reimbursed.  Months of work to get refund.  Very stressful.

Some thoughts you might want to consider in your quest for reimbursement after being scammed while using Paypal.

The automated system did not take into account I had sent item with tracking (even tho it was in system) with the seller's demand that it contain returned cargo, and then the seller refused to accept.  The PayPal System ruled against me.  I had to appeal to a real customer service rep to get my money.

I contacted a real customer service representative during the 10 day appeal time, and was reimbursed cost of item and return shipping.  Rules recently changed on PayPal that only individuals can get return shipment (not businesses).  Return shipment reimbursement is only for individuals.

I jumped thru a lot of hoops to get my refund.   You may be luckier.

I learned that once you request a refund with PayPal, ignore any deliveries if the item is not what you ordered, or you will pay a lot to return it.  That is my primary lesson to me.

If you acknowledge receipt to Paypal, you must return it with tracking and a number.  Items are not tracked in Hong Kong, but they have to acknowledge receipt.  This is good enough if you appeal the automated decision which was in my case, for the seller.  The automated PayPal system needs work.

Once you receive a decision against you after having uploaded tracking number into system, you must contact a real person at PayPal.  I had very good luck with great customer service rep who understood and took care of the automated PayPal snafu.  

My initial purchase was refunded (after the claim first denied) in the 10 day appeal time, and I also got return shipping.  

Avoid scams when using PayPal.  In this case, the quilt was priced about right based on local quilts.  I believed I was dealing with people in the US.  I got a lot of emails from what appeared to be a person.  It took a couple of weeks to discover the so-called tracking number they used was a picture of a DSL truck which instead of being a tracking system, was a static picture on the web. 

I requested a refund based on non-delivery within time frame and the fact the tracking number of bogus.  If I were smart, I would have completed the automated system, but contacted a real Person at PayPal.  Live and learn...

Login to Me Too

reneeike
Contributor
Contributor

i feel that pay pal should be responsible for the money  because you use there system and with that many complants  they should of stopped them a long time ago  it sound like pay pal does not want to earn up to there rating unless the correct. as far a credit card company i deal with american express only and they haven't let me down once, they stand behind there customers.

Login to Me Too

micten

39 Days after what I thought was a comforter purchase, I received a thin, irregular sized duvet cover with completely different pattern shams (and they were pink - not cool to my son who this was for). Did not know I was ordering from "Printabel." Tried to save some money, but next time will order from a reputable company and pay the higher price to receive was is expected. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.