Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

After getting scammed once by  Printabel, I've seen several other quilt ads on Facebook under several different company names. I've also seen other pop up ads on Facebook selling cool items priced at "too good to be true" amounts. My advice is don't buy anything advertised on Facebook! 

Login to Me Too

Nankypoo
I also bought a “quilt” from Printabel Company Limited. I did not receive a quilt. I got a cheap piece of fabric with a printed pattern that was blurry and unregistered correctly. I tried to contact the company for instructions on how I could return it for a refund. They never responded so I filed a claim with PayPal. We’ll see what happens but I fear my $100 is lost.
Login to Me Too

reneeike
Contributor
Contributor

mine was under zonbubble

Login to Me Too

Twannese
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a quilt in early December and have not heard a peep since that time.
Login to Me Too

EHS1
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered from this same company early last year and never got the merchandise others that say they did receive a "quilt" received a piece of cloth with printed pattern and not a quilt also it was about the size of a baby blanket.  I kept going thru the refund and complaint process with Pay Pal and eventually got my money refunded...  I do not understand why Pay Pal continues to pay these companies even after they find out they are a scam.  As an added note you may or may not get a tracking number and notice saying it has shipped but when you check the tracking number it will not exist.  If I were you I would start the dispute process now !

Login to Me Too

Mellybell
Contributor
Contributor
I never received any quilt or my money back
Login to Me Too

kaykay13
Contributor
Contributor

Do not expect help from paypal or credit card account either!!!!

Login to Me Too

scvoter
Contributor
Contributor

I am a victim of the quilt scam.  Paypal has been virtually no help, even tho I became aware this was a scam, and I notified paypal and requested a refund before the item was finally shipped.

Paypal kept moving their response date out further and further, until finally I received the two thin fabric sheets sewed together.  I notified Paypal that I wanted a refund long before the seller finally put something into the mail to me because the seller lied about how long it would take to get the quilt, and the seller sent an alleged tracking number which was not a tracking number, but a static webpage showing a picture of a DSL Truck - apparently going nowhere.  The number they provided for tracking was not active until after I had notified PayPal of the scam and that I wanted a refund.

My concern is that I was scammed, but most of all that Paypal has no way now for me to appeal or even discuss this matter  with Paypal.  Paypal and the seller have notified me that  that I have to PAY to return the item to Hong Kong within 7 days (seller's rules) until my time frame has expired and based on PayPal's current lack of help, will probably result in a denial of my claim.

I am out about $63 which should be refunded to me by PayPal immediately.  The cheap fabric being returned will cost more than the fabric is worth, but PayPal obviously wants me to pay that as a penalty for having fallen victim to the Quilt scam.  Why???

My hope is that someone at Paypal will review this message and return my $63 with no further action on my part.  

Based on the excellent marketing by Printables in HK, many of us fell victim to this scam and it is time someone at Paypal looked at this whole scam and end the suffering of those of us who fell victim to a great marketing ploy with a price not too good to be true, but just good enough to be believable.

Login to Me Too

Mellybell
Contributor
Contributor
I hear you mine was a year ago and I to am out about 65 dollars this is so wrong
Login to Me Too

sgoff61
Contributor
Contributor

I too was taken by this scam but I had no problem getting a refund through PayPal, presumably because I ordered in late October or early November 2018 and my claim for non-delivery was probably filed before the scammers realized that they could lie about shipment and provide fake tracking numbers to get away with it.  At that time, the "quilts" they were supposedly selling were of NFL teams.  I did originally see it on Facebook but had problems getting the order to go through so I ended up googling the item number for the specific quilt I wanted and ordered directly from a website, although I can't remember what it was now.  When I didn't receive it within a reasonable period of time, I did some research and found out that they were operating under several different names and websites, which was the first red flag.  The second red flag was that every website used the same pictures and claimed that it was a small family business, but every one also claimed to be in a different state in the US.  Once I realized that it was a scam, I immediately filed a claim with PayPal and got my refund very quickly.  The funny thing is, looking back at the PayPal activity now, it shows that they told PayPal at least a month after the refund that it had been shipped by DHL, but that was an obvious lie.

Fast forward to now:  The only reason I found this thread was because I just saw another one on Facebook, this time using the theme of personalized names on the various blocks (this time they're calling it a blanket instead of a quilt) and I immediately was reminded of the NFL quilt scam, so I had to check it out.  This one is being sold on a website called "icefrogshoe.com", and they are selling the blankets as well as sneakers with a name of choice printed all over them.  Nowhere on the website is there any information at all about the company ... no name, address, general location, or even contact information other than a link to a webform, which tells me that it is most likely the same company as all the others, but making more of an effort to hide their identity and their connection to all the other sites that so many people have complained about through PayPal, the BBB, and many other complaint sites.  Bottom line ... don't EVER order anything from any site that does not include verifiable information as to its ownership, address, history, etc.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.