Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

mspturtle
New Community Member

I'm realizing that after some issues with products.  Such a shame honest people cannot do anything about people stealing your money and crooks get away with it and live happy ever after on someone's dime.  All **bleep**, cannot trust many people these days.

Login to Me Too

kaykay13
Contributor
Contributor

I have had paypal for years as I am sure most people have.  They just sent me an email - case closed?  Like to bad!!!  I have always trusted

That paypal would have your back - and I am very disappointed that they will not make any effort when -- I was charged two times $99.90 thru

paypal 4 hours apart under my name and then my husband's AND have not received my quilt - which I don't expect to nor want after seeing all of

the trouble and trash they have sent out.  I normally ALWAYS re-search the company before I order off line.  This time for some reason I did not.

Had I done so - I never would have even placed an order.  Going to call Paypal again this am.  Makes no sense at all to me and then I will close my

paypal account!!!

Login to Me Too

kaykay13
Contributor
Contributor

I talked for over 3 hours with paypal -- supposedly I will get both charges removed before the 28th of the month???? Will post if that happens

Also filed with my cc company......what a horrible scam to lose almost $200 for nothing!

Login to Me Too

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

I persisted with PayPal and eventually received a refund for both the return shipping (to Hong Kong) and my purchase price.   Oddly, the company refused to accept my return so back came my cheapy, tiny "twin quilt."   I use it to cover my A/C in winter.  No where near big enough for a bed of any size.  I cannot believe this company is still in business for yet another Christmas season.  Lots of us suckers out there I guess

Login to Me Too

Mellybell
Contributor
Contributor

GMCGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Got a refund from my credit card company after the Facebook seller was non-responsive to inquiries. Had to wait 60-90 days but I did get credited. PayPal was no help what-so-ever. I will never use PayPal again as a buyer or seller if I can avoid it. 

Login to Me Too

Jrb1492
New Community Member
I ordered a rug, which was not a rug. It was a glorified placemat and nothing to the quality they described when I ordered it. I disputed the charge wi Th PayPal since this company is so impossible to reach and PayPal sent me instructions to return the item for a refund. I tried to follow instructions to return the item. Which was originally mailed to me from New Jersey for $5 in shipping. But in order to be refunded they want me to send it at my cost on shipping to Hong Kong. It said I had to include tracking to prove they receive it. To do this will cost a minimum in $55 shipping. Which I won’t be reimbursed?? As well as the Post Office informed me of that once it crosses international waters there is no guarantee that they will receive it. Considering the amount of scam reports about this company- I’m sure even if they do receive it, they will lie and say they didn’t and then I will have spent even more and have nothing to show, as well as the amount of time all this is going to take with shipping standard rate to Hong Kong. I feel forced into having to accept I just threw my money away.
Login to Me Too

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

I took a chance and followed PayPal's instructions to the letter and returned my chintzy "quilt" to  Hong Kong with my own money.  Eventually PayPal credited me with a full refund including the return shipping cost.  I had to send them scans of the package and the receipt for the shipping cost to prove I really returned it.  Lo and behold, this scam company refused to accept my package and it came BACK all the way from Hong Kong!   What a waste of resources for a pathetic scrap of fabric.  I wish we could put them out of business permanently. 

Login to Me Too

kaykay13
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem!  I don't understand why Paypal would not have this company red flagged with so many complaints!

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Be careful out there when buying online. I did get my money back with the help of my credit card company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.