Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

Like all the others commenting on this thread, I was defrauded by Amelia Quilts (Printabel Co. Ltd) when I ordered a "twin" quilt and received a 25x43" piece of cloth.  I wouldn't classify the thin cheap thing I received as a bona fide quilt.  Obviously, way too small to use on a twin bed, and it cost me $49.91.   And this after I waited 4 MONTHS for delivery.  I had intended to have it by Christmas.  It was finally shipped only after I opened a dispute through PayPal.  Then I had to reopen the dispute because the product was not as described.  To get a refund, I had to ship it back to Hong Kong which cost $23.50 for a 10 oz. package.  To get a refund for the return shipping, I activated PayPal's return shipping refund process.  It appears to be working.  Just had to submit a photo of my USPS receipt.   Eventually I will have a full refund but only after much waiting and time on the phone.  

Login to Me Too

lee2172
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 quilts on December 2 2018. A twin and a king size. I finally received the twin in February of this year. I have yet to receive the king size and had made every effort to contact this company and resolve it through PayPal. I am furious. They owe me a quilt or $69.95 refund. And...the twin was extremely small...more like a baby blanket. What if anything can be done to receive a refund. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Fool
Contributor
Contributor

After 2 disputes with pay-pal, and a long time, I received an item, Not a quilt, and not queen size. I had to finally let go. I will never buy anything in this manner again.

Login to Me Too

Susan775
New Community Member

Paypal was absolutely no help at all. I received one of the two quilts I ordered so Paypal refused to process my claim saying that my order was delivered and that was that. They closed the claim without allowing me to contest. So I guess I paid $102 for a quilt worth about $20. Never again will I order from an unknown company on the internet. When an ad comes my way on Facebook, I post Buyer Beware, etc with my story hoping to deter anyone from purchasing. BTW it took 2 months for my quilt to be delivered. With all the posts from people with similar experiences, you would think Paypal would help get my money back which was paid from paypal funds.

Login to Me Too

Meredith88
Contributor
Contributor
That’s very true!! PayPal was of no help at all.
Login to Me Too

Johnstepiii
New Community Member
It’s a scam
Login to Me Too

Meredith88
Contributor
Contributor
It’s ridiculous that PP doesn’t do more to be helpful.
Login to Me Too

mspturtle
New Community Member

Has anyone been able to get their money back? 

Login to Me Too

prairienut
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  After many phone calls and carefully following the PP rules for return postage reimbursement, etc.  I received all my money back.   The company Amelia Quilts, Printabel, whatever they call themselves refunded nothing.  They are crooks and getting away with it!

Login to Me Too

TonyaLK
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal did not help me at all.  I went to the issuing bank of the card I used and they opened an investigation and reimbursed me.  They told me that they would take care of everything. 

Forward to a few months later.  I received damaged goods that did not work.  Paypal said I had to mail the package back at my own expense, which was over $25.00, less than what I paid for the item.  I did everything exactly as Paypal requested, but still was not refunded my money.  Paypal closed the matter and refused to help. 

Moral of the story, if you value your money, be very careful who you order from and whether you are willing to lose money.  Paypal will not assist you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.