Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

Cbusse
Contributor
Contributor
I received a refund and few weeks ago and felt very lucky. Yesterday a "quilt" showed up. Size is about right very thin only 2 of fabric and colors are very off. I hope that you all get either your item which took almost 3 months or a refund. I am glad I got my refund for what I finally received.
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
You are fortunate. They won’t refund, closed my dispute and basically just send auto responses. Paypal is a scam and enables these companies. Worst company I have ever dealt with.
Login to Me Too

shermnet
Contributor
Contributor

for starters, they present themselves as this American folksy outfit.  then they say, oh we are so busy we need to catch up with operations.  then its more delay.  then they told me it shipped DHL.  Well I called DHL .  the company generated a DHL tracking number but a package was never received at the distribution center,  IN CHINA.    really, American there.    I should note , they took my PayPal money on NOV 29 2019.    They said they were backed up well past new year.  then they said it shipped 1/5/19.     today is 1/18/19. NO QUILT.  Mind you , I don't want it .  from what I've heard, some people did receive quilts and they were shoddy crap.    I hold FACEBOOK and PayPal responsible to some degree.  they are want to be seen as legitimate businesses yet enable these frauds to prosper.  They need to vet their marketers/vendors better.  Alas, money through advertising is what facebooks really cares about.

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered 11/24. No quilt and refund and dispute refused by Paypal. They enable this scam as they got their $$$
Login to Me Too

Yes, same situation here. Website closed down. No response to inquiries about my order. No record of my order on their search. Now that I've opened a claim they send me a tracking number. Its been over two months since I placed the order. 

Login to Me Too

TM53
Contributor
Contributor
I also purchased the king sized butterfly quilt off from Facebook advertisement and it says it was shipped but I don’t have it! I ordered mine December 4th.
Login to Me Too

D023
Contributor
Contributor
It takes about 2 months to get the cloth (quilt, term used loosley). Track your DHL number. It won't move for about 1 month because its being shipped from Shanghai the USA. I ordered mine on 11/25 and I got it on January 22nd. There was no return address for mine, but I was one of the few who got a refund. The cloth I received isn't even good enough to let a stray dog sleep on. Its garbage. Good luck and I hope you get yours, although I warn you that it is not what is advertised.
Login to Me Too

TonyaLK
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received my purchase (2 months of waiting), but it was not what was advertised and what I ordered.  Instead of a twin size quilt, I received a piece of cloth about the size of a piece of paper.  I again complained to PayPal.  The response I received was return the item at my own expense and when PayPal receives confirmation that the item was received I may get a refund, and it gave a short window of time to do so.  The address is fraudulent and in China, so really PayPal?  Who is going to sign for it?   

So in effect, PayPal is saying SPEND MORE MONEY THAT YOU'LL NEVER GET A RETURN ON.  PayPal knows that the address is fraudulent, the company(s) are fraudulent, we're all getting ripped off, yet they refuse to do anything about it.  I'm filing a complaint against PayPal, Facebook, and the assorted names of this fraudulent company with the FTC as soon as the government opens back up.  I encourage everyone to do the same.  Here's their link:  https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc .  It's ridiculous that PayPal won't help us and only adds to our frustration.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @TonyaLK

I apologize for the negative experience. 

We offer to cover up to $30.00 for return shipping. If the shipping company is stating the return address isn't valid, please check with another shipping company or provide documentation from the shipping company that the return address isn't valid and we can review to see what other options we have to resolve the issue. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Lhuntd
Contributor
Contributor
I too purchased 2 king size quilts. But mine were from Amelia Quilts. On my paypal statement. It says Printabel. I just spoke with Chad at Paypal and put a dispute in. If the company does not respond,I get my money back. Find your paypal statement, call and talk to a live person. Give them the transaction number on your statement, the date of purchase and the amount. They may have used a different Company name to bill your paypal account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.