Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Today I received another scam email from Paypal re stating the phony tracking they gave me before and telling me to contact the seller. WHAT A JOKE. I sent 20 emails to 12 addresses and all came back. Paypal is really to blame now by allowing this scam to continue. I am contacting our local TV station to warn people against Paypal.
Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed back in December....I received a credit through Paypal. But I am seeing this scam is still going on! Here's one from today:

<Removed>

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
They refuse to refund my $. Just continue to send me phony tracking numbers. Latest showed a 1 lb shipment. 1 lb quilt?? It’s a Paypal scam and joke. I ordered 11/25 😎
Login to Me Too

lauramckeane
Contributor
Contributor
I’m so disappointed in PayPal they refuse to give me a refund and still want me to spend $300 to send back to Hong Kong for something I paid $119 for, i will be cx my account with them. 😢
Login to Me Too

janetupnorth
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting BEYOND fed up with Paypal.  I made the dumb mistake of placing TWO orders with this company 3 days apart.  11/23 and 11/26.  I filed claims on both and both got denied!  I reopened my second claim and it got denied again.

Order 1 - Finally received after 6 weeks.  Crappy quality, not as advertised, came from Shanghei not the US, only 1.5 lbs for a queen-sized homemade quilt, colors off.  Definitely cheaply and machine produced, NOT hand-sewn.

Order 2 - Still hasn't arrived as of 1/17/19.  Seller provided tracking for the FIRST order to Paypal for this item so Paypal denied the claim.  I then reopened and they denied stating they "found no evidence that the item was misrepresented".  I am on chat AGAIN trying to open the dispute because I have not received the item.

I already had given up on resolution for order #1 and figured I was out $60+ for crappy quality and poor service but to deny the second when I still haven't received it is ridiculous.  This Printabel company has done their research before putting this out there to skirt the system and play every trick in the book...false advertising, poor service, bad tracking numbers.  

Paypal service has definitely declined in the last decade!

For those that got a refund, consider yourself very lucky.  For those who haven't, I wish you luck because I've spend valuable HOURS of my time on this (probably worth more than the quilt, but it's the principle of the matter) and still no resolution!

Login to Me Too

janetupnorth
Contributor
Contributor

@janetupnorth wrote:

I am getting BEYOND fed up with Paypal.  I made the dumb mistake of placing TWO orders with this company 3 days apart.  11/23 and 11/26.  I filed claims on both and both got denied!  I reopened my second claim and it got denied again.

Order 1 - Finally received after 6 weeks.  Crappy quality, not as advertised, came from Shanghei not the US, only 1.5 lbs for a queen-sized homemade quilt, colors off.  Definitely cheaply and machine produced, NOT hand-sewn.

Order 2 - Still hasn't arrived as of 1/17/19.  Seller provided tracking for the FIRST order to Paypal for this item so Paypal denied the claim.  I then reopened and they denied stating they "found no evidence that the item was misrepresented".  I am on chat AGAIN trying to open the dispute because I have not received the item.

I already had given up on resolution for order #1 and figured I was out $60+ for crappy quality and poor service but to deny the second when I still haven't received it is ridiculous.  This Printabel company has done their research before putting this out there to skirt the system and play every trick in the book...false advertising, poor service, bad tracking numbers.  

Paypal service has definitely declined in the last decade!

For those that got a refund, consider yourself very lucky.  For those who haven't, I wish you luck because I've spend valuable HOURS of my time on this (probably worth more than the quilt, but it's the principle of the matter) and still no resolution!

***UPDATE ON 1/17 - I FINALLY GOT RESOLUTION ON 1 OF MY CLAIMS.  THEY FINALLY LOOKED AT THE PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT IT WAS NOT RECEIVED.  THE ONE I DID RECEIVE I GAVE UP FIGHTING THE CLAIM ON FOR FALSE ADVERTISING AND POOR QUALITY BECAUSE AMELIA QUILTS TOOK THE CONTENT DOWN OF COURSE!***  

Login to Me Too

faroutvintage
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it's quite an amazing scam and it's still going on as of today! Facebook is where its grabbing people then onto Paypal where people think it's a safe and secure way to purchase items, but not so! I hope the scammers get caught! There has to be some way to trace the money and find them!  

Login to Me Too

nini6
Contributor
Contributor

very aggravated with Paypal as well. I have placed 4 phone calls with these people. last Thursday I was told they were going to close the case and refund my money and a supervisor would call me within the next business day to confirm everything and get it done. today was the 4th business day with no response from paypal. I called them today. representative answered, I explained everything to her again. I was told from the previous 3 representatives they would update and mark this information in my dispute. they did not. This lady came back on the line after 42 minutes of being on hold. She said it was going over to the review board and they had until Feb 4th to get me an answer. The false DHL tracking number had been reported it erroneous but that was the only follow up I have received. the lady on the phone said the review panel or board was not responding to any of their emails they sent to them. They said by February 4th this matter should be resolved. my faith in this company has ceased to exist. I thought paypal was a good place to purchase things through. very doubtful I will use them in the future. depends on close of business day February 4th.

Login to Me Too

SFMoeller
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a twin quilt from Printabel as a Christmas gift. It finally arrived Jan 17 and was not as advertised. It is barely a yard square and very cheaply made. Total cost with shipping was $54.90 and definitely not worth it. There is no return or refund contact info. I am currently waiting for Paypal to resolve this claim.
Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck. Paypal closed my dispute and won’t reopen nor will they refund $. They are real jerks and only answer by automated emails. Just find another way to pay, PAYPAL sucks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.