Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

I just heard back from PayPal and am totally floored.  In order to try and get my refund I have to send back the two non queen size and blurry and washed out looking quilts back to China.  That will cost me almost as much as I spent on them.  So, now I am going through my bank.  So unhappy.  I am glad that others have received either good quality or a full refund.  And PayPal knows that this was a scam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MontanaMom

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

solegypsy
Contributor
Contributor

If they know it is a scam, why don't they refund the money to all these people.  They denied me twice.  I am not trying to go through my cc company.  I will never use them again.  There is no protection there.

Login to Me Too

Violet3164
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won’t refund my money as my “twin” quilt was received. It isn’t even big enough to qualify as a crib blanket. I’m so **bleep** off, considering this was supposed to be a Christmas gift and I had to rush out and get something else and spend more money. I’m not letting this go. There has to be some appeal process such as false advertising. 

Login to Me Too

kegrieff
Contributor
Contributor
I had same experience. Came after Christmas despite ordering in Nov. ordered twin. It was crib size. Paid $49.95 plus shipping. This is a total scam. We have to dog.
Login to Me Too

wolfman6
Contributor
Contributor

No, there is no appeal process. I was denied as well because I refused to spend $25 to send this to Hong Kong, which is probably fake, too. I spoke to customer service (what a waste - Indians and Mexicans who follow a script and even told me that they do not have any supervisors! and refuse to give you a corporate phone number) and they said they would email the company and ask them to reimburse me as a courtesy. I said to them - do you really think you're going to get a reply? They didn't reply to requests to return this, and since it is a scam, they are not going to. Why waste money to return this when the company won't do anything about it?

Login to Me Too

CASPER999
Contributor
Contributor

I am not happy with Paypal, I am still awaiting my refund from them and Why would they allow that company to continu selling or processing money when they know this is a big scam ???

Login to Me Too

TamFit
Contributor
Contributor

Keep fighting. It took a few weeks, and I had to submit an Internet Crime Report, but I got my FULL refund today for 5 quilts I purchased that were supposed to arrive for Christmas off Amelia's Quilt website ( https://ameliaquilt.com/ ).  I did some research and there are HUNDREDS of people that got scammed. Just google it. It's crazy. News sites have even done stories on it. But if you persist you will get your refund. I did not get mad at PayPal either. I kept a cool head and just stuck to the details.

Login to Me Too

pkashtock

Good for you! I suppose reporting as an Internet crime would be my next step

Login to Me Too

CASPER999
Contributor
Contributor

still waiting for my refund …

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.