Quilt purchase

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from Amelia quilts off of Facebook?  Or Emma Cotton?  I purchased a quilt for a Christmas gift and paid through PayPal. Now I’m Seeing people commenting fraud alert. It invoiced through Printabel Company Ltd. 

Login to Me Too
402 REPLIES 402

Justmad
Contributor
Contributor
Email from PayPal decision in my favor and full refund. Everyone needs to keep pushing.
Login to Me Too

shermnet
Contributor
Contributor

I initially posted 1/18/2019 about a quilt purchase via facebook.    Of course the quilt never arrived, and the so called quilt company were making crap up  with delay tactics.  Needless to say, I alerted PayPal (and facebook) 1/18.   This for a purchase and charge 11/29/18.     WELL, GOOD NEWS!  after filing a dispute with PAYPAL , they acknowledged the scam as legit, and appropriately refunded my money.    Kudos to paypal on this recognition and refund.      Big businesses like PayPal and Facebook (both on the stock exchanges) should not be enabling fraud- for the long term health of their businesses.   I wish you all the best , and if you need any advice let me/us know.

Login to Me Too

Beckydlany
Contributor
Contributor
Ari is who I dealt with at Paypal. He too was awesome but it was all a big con. Ordered 11/24 - no quilt, closed my dispute, NO REFUND. I have been scammed twice, Phony Company and phony BS from Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Violet3164
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, PayPal representative is so accommodating. I’ve sent complaints to my state Attorney General, FTC, BBB and Internet Crime Complaint Center. With respect to my complaint to the BBB, they were unable to proceed as the company was unreachable, yet, the day after I filed my dispute with PayPal, they received a response from the company. Unsure how that is possible and if that is, in fact, true, I should have been provided with a copy of said response. In all four of my complaints, I referenced both Facebook, for allowing fraudulent advertising and PayPal for not refunding money to all the complainants of an obvious scheme. It’s disgraceful. The piece of garbage advertised as a twin sized quilt is small than a crib quilt and is basically two thin pieces of material sewn together, no filling. I believe PayPal hopes people will just give up and go away. I don’t care if I paid $1.00, it’s the principle and it’s fraud.

Login to Me Too

Sue20020
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t order anything off Facebook PayPal will not back you when you are scammed. I lost 89.00
Login to Me Too

CatMeredith
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought a quilt from this company (Amelia quilts), but then saw comments about them on Facebook, reporting that they were a scam. I immediately tried to cancel my order, but it had already processed through Paypal. I started the dispute process, and received one message from Printable Company Limited stating that they were not a scam, but that there were other similar companies out there who were. I didn't believe it, but waited the required amount of time to escalate the dispute. It is now with Paypal, who have given the seller until Dec. 30 to respond. I have not heard again from the seller, and am crossing my fingers that Paypal will get my $55.91 back for me. Looking at the number of others who have shared similar experiences, I'd think that Paypal would stop that company from using Paypal so that people wouldn't be scammed out of money. We'll see how it plays out.

Login to Me Too

booklover6460
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you CatMeredith!  I would think Paypal would have an alert in the system to keep people from purchasing items through them for companies with certain names.

Login to Me Too

CatMeredith
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I never did get the quilt that I ordered from Amelia Quilts (Printable), but today I did receive my refund from PayPal. PayPal waited the required period of time to allow the seller to respond, but except for the first response from the seller stating that they were not a scam, they quit responding at all. So today, the deadline for seller to respond, I received my full refund. I have had good luck using PayPal, and I find that they do honor their guaranteed protection promise. I hope that the many, many others who have been scammed get their money back, too.

Login to Me Too

Vickie55
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered my quilt on November 18th and received my quilt on the 28th of December! I loved mine! They don’t have them made and ready to ship out. They make them after you order.
Login to Me Too

burleya
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe you loved this so-called quilt.  If you go to any store that sells REAL quilts, you will see and feel the difference.  You've been scammed and don't even know it.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.