Questions about my issue

Stratostze
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

2 months ago i received a suspicious email that my account is now limited. I addressed that issue to paypal from PayPal email but i got an auto-responded email.
Fast forward 4 days ago (Saturday) i accidentaly witnessed via my bank account app 17(!) anauthorized transactions from me to PayPal accounts (money sent).
I instantly called my bank and canceled my card and also opened a dispute to Paypal for "cancelation and refund" for this anauthorized transactions. I also send all tha papers for my account authentication.
Yesterday I saw that my case is closed and that in my actvity board i had 17 "refund issued by Paypal" transfers! I removed my previous card and added my bank account number (IBAN) at Payment Methods tab.

My question is, why I can't see the refunded money at my PayPal Balance and why the 2 deposits from Paypal for confirmation of my account aren't showing up?? Is that a case that take time to resolve or am I having another issue? 

Sorry for the long post and be safe guys!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Helllo @Stratostze

Hope you're doing well!

Once we refund a payment, the money will be swept back into the finding source where it was pulled out. You mentioned that it was charged in your bank account, the money will be deposited to your bank account. Since you closed your bank account, there's a chance that the refund will go back to your PayPal Balance. I suggest that you notify your finacial institutiom about the refund so they can move the amount into your new bank account. You also mentioned that it was yesterday when it was refunded, please notify your bank that it might take 3 to 5 business days from yesterday for the funds to be full reflected on their system. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Helllo @Stratostze

Hope you're doing well!

Once we refund a payment, the money will be swept back into the finding source where it was pulled out. You mentioned that it was charged in your bank account, the money will be deposited to your bank account. Since you closed your bank account, there's a chance that the refund will go back to your PayPal Balance. I suggest that you notify your finacial institutiom about the refund so they can move the amount into your new bank account. You also mentioned that it was yesterday when it was refunded, please notify your bank that it might take 3 to 5 business days from yesterday for the funds to be full reflected on their system. Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Stratostze Thank you for using PayPal. About your question, all refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. Since those transactions were funded using your bank account, refunds will be posted to the same bank account. It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account (this depends as well with your bank). Regarding the 2 small deposits to confirm you bank, it will take between 2-3 business days (from the day you added your bank) for the deposits to show up on you bank statement. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.