Questioning the buyers protection with Paypal

spottedh
Contributor
Contributor

so, I purchased 2 separate items via ebay, paying with Paypal.  Unfortunately I made the mistake of assuming buyers protection would protect me in the event of an issue.

Issue one.  Purchased made based on the fact the item was arriving from Cannock in the UK.  Received and the item was not as described in that the connector was the wrong size for my device, though the advert stated otherwise, when I contacted the seller on sending it back for a refund, I was told it would need to be shipped back to China, and I would have to pay for it myself.  I purchased it and it was shipped from the UK, so why do I then have to send it back to China?  No resolution ever on this, I just ended up throwing it away, and got no refund at all.

Issue two.  Purchased an item priced at around £30, again from China.  1 month later still nothing arrived, though I had been provided with tracking information which was all in Chinese, but translated shows the item had been in flight for a month (that's some plane), I raised it with paypal, who waited a further month before telling me to wait yet another month, the end result was, I received a package about 3 months later, what I received was a cheap plastic mobile phone stand worth approximately £3.50.  I emailed the buyer who informed me they were sorry but they had shipped the wrong item, if I send it back to them they will ensure I get the right item.

Again Ebay and paypal did absolutely nothing to help me here, other than create long delays only to end up denying my issue simply because the seller provided proof of delivery, but not proof of what was sent to me in the first place

So I think its fair to say using Paypal is a risk now, more so than it ever used to be, if it says shipping from the UK, well it does not mean it actually is, and the buyers protection is nothing short of a complete joke.

Thanks Paypal, I am out of pocket by around £45 and you did nothing but ensure the seller (Chinese company) got my money and gave me nothing of any use in return.  Nice way to run your business.  I for one wont ever recommend customers use paypal for payment auth, your service is terrible, and clearly you dont give a damn about your own customers.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.