Question regarding so called paypal account limit or scams

Rearend
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item yesterday for $350. I was paid by the individual not directly in my paypal, but I rcvd an email from what look like it was paypal saying I had rcvd a payment from whom, who to mail to package to with the ID# and stating that once I ship the package and supply a tracking Id# that the funds will be available. Well once I did that the buyer said first that he rcvd a message from paypal stating that I only had a limited account he had to add an additional $800 to my paypal account which would make the balance in my paypal account suppossedly $1150. Oh,I rcvd an email that looked like it was legitamate email from paypal stating that I should  then zelle the buyer of my product $800 and thn screen shot the transaction to paypal and they will credit my phones. Any of this sound familiar to anyone? I have not acted on it and I can not get through to paypal.  It really sounds like a scam to me the buyer would end up with my product and $800.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Rearend, 

Thank you or contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

This is not the way PayPal operate and we can confirm this request is not from PayPal. Please do not proceed with this sale. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.