Question regarding Buyer protection

jakub1021
Contributor
Contributor

Hello forum,

I bought an item of someone paying goods & services of course. The funds are frozen on his half until I confirm deliver has arrived. He is in needs of the funds asap and is shipping this item Saturday. 

My question is, if I was to "Confirm Delivery Arrived" before he posted it, and then when it arrives there is an issue with it E.g Incorrect condition or something else, and I have all the proof it came like that for example recording me opening the package, Am I still protected as a buyer and can I still open the claim? Or is it, when I press "Confirm Delivery Arrived" I no longer have buyer protection.

Please no question and statements like wait until it arrives or why would you do that. He's in need of the money and I know he is fairly legit on a lot of sites. I just want to know if i'm still protected after confirming it has arrived.

Thanks

Jakub

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jakub1021 

Yes, you would still be protected with buyer protection. I hope the seller needs money for other reasons and not running their business payment by payment. ie. needs the payment you sent to pay for shipping or place order with drop shipper. Seller should have some funds on hand to pay for expenses and not let these holds slow them down. It don't even have to be a lot either but relative to what types are goods they specialize in. It's unprofessional.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.