Question on whether I have a potential claim or not.

edj51
New Community Member

I recently purchased a very expensive book from a reputable online retailer for such books ($80 after shipping). After the book arrived, I took it out of the packaging and slipcase to discover some minor damage: a dent in the back cover and scratching all over the back. The book was damaged not by shipping, as the slipcase would also show damage, which it does not. After contacting the retailer for a resolution, they apologized. But they also said that since it was not damaged in shipping and did not affect readability of the book, they would not issue a return. This book is a collector's item (hence the high price tag when the same story can be purchased for around $10), which is why I'm not satisfied with the condition. I paid with PayPal credit, so there is no credit card company or bank to go through. Should I make a claim? I responded to the retailer saying I was not okay with their decision, and so far I have not received any further correspondence. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.