Question in RE Dispute as a Customer

DeanGlosup
Contributor
Contributor

On Sept 26th I purchased an on-line course through Paypal with my Bank account primary funding source.

On the 29th after discovering the seller had SEVERELY misrepresented the digital product, I requested a refund immediately from the seller AND filed a dispute through Paypal.

On the 30th I was given a "refund" by the seller and the dispute was closed by Paypal.

Only problem is that it is now the second of October and there is no credit to ANY of my $$ sources in Paypal despite that the issue shows as refunded and resolved.

I could find no information on how long the seller has to actually refund the $$ when they said they had.

Help...

Dean

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeanGlosup

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DeanGlosup
Contributor
Contributor

No,

It was funded by my bank account directly not a credit card.

Dose this still take up to 30 days to actually fund the refund?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeanGlosup

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie refund rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.