Question about sending a package back to China

vonsay
New Community Member

Hello,

I was scammed by a company in China. They sent me a product that is 1000 percent different than what I received.  I opened a dispute and paypal was able to have them give me a refund once I send the product back.  Problem is the company in China asked me to send it back to an address that is written in Chinese with no name. Is this yet another scam??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Chica67
New Community Member

OMG this is crazy. I order a product that also was no where near the description. I feel they did a bait and switch. Now sender is saying they will give complete refund, but I have to ship items back. They give me a scribble address in China and I'm don't know what I am to do with that. I called the post office to see if they would print a label or something, but the address is in chinese so they said they can't.  I don't know who to send these stupid items back to them without proper address 😠

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chica67 

If you won a dispute / claim then contact paypal for an english version of the address.

Make sure you activated the return shipping on us option in your paypal account so you can claim back those costs. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hangster
New Community Member

I see no where to even ask Paypal how to get the address in English. And where do you click the "return on us" option? I would like to do this as well. USPS said they couldn't send anything written in Chinese since they need to type it in. My claim is $200 so I really don't want to lose it just because I can't send the product back. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Rightfoot
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by a company in china. I ordered from one web page in states and woundup paying china company. I made four separate orders they all  found there way to china. When my orders arrived they contained one each penny whistle. I filed a dispute sent my letters and followed all PAYPAL request. The store owner wants his penny whistle returned to china before he will give a refund.The cost of shipping is expensive plus the web page say free return shippping .I pointed this out to paypal they don’t seem to care that this is a scam or what the web page states. Now paypal wants me to file a federal form IC3.gov. You have to be a banker to know how to fill this form in.I am trying to follow procedures but paypal I believe is permitting this web site to operate without interference.I also reported it to paypal security. This was four weeks ago. Now I have ten. Days to complete this IC3 form file it with the federal government and get a. Copy back to paypal. I am about to accept my loss and get rid of Paypal since they permit these fraudulent sites to exist. Look up abtool.club complaints . You will see paypal is aware of the problem .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.