Question about returning something

Andromedia
New Community Member

I bought a phone on ebay and received it on July 30th. Now, less than 3 months later, the screen is not working,  (no damage to the phone, hasn't been dropped, has been in a case the whole time) It's an issue with the screen itself. This seller sells refurbished phones and claimed that it was R2 Fully Functional, which means it should be equivalent to a new phone, and definitely last more than 2.5 months. Contacted the buyer, informing them of the issue and before I even used the word refund they informed me it was outside of their 30 day guarantee. 

Is this something that would be covered by Paypal? I don't want to be the **bleep** customer, I just don't see how it's right to spend this much money on something that claims to be equivalent to a new product, only to not even get a quarter of a year out of it.   I know I may just have to accept it and eat the cost, but I wanted to ask here first as an option.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

For PayPal Purchase Protection coverage see if these apply to your situation:

The following claims will not qualify as a Significantly Not as Described claim:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

If not, click "Report a problem" in the pertinent transaction and file a SNAD dispute. You will be asked to return the item if PayPal finds in your favor and will have to pay for return shipping. You can also apply for reimbursement of return shipping costs by Googling "PayPal Returns Shipping" after you have sent the item back. You have within 30 days of return date to file for reimbursement. If you lose the case and paid for the phone with a credit card, you may fall back on the card's purchase protection coverage and file a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.