Question about disputed transactions

Cindy5595
New Community Member
I recently had 100 taken out of my PayPal wallet and 120 taken from my bank and sent to PayPal. I did not authorize these transactions. In fact I was asleep and my phone was off. The money was sent to my daughters old PayPal. I have sent her money in the past but not this time. My question is can they legally deny your dispute because you have sent money to this person in the past because that's what their doing. This is bull crap. They have denied my dispute twice because it's my daughter. The other Issue I have with this is they say whoever did it their phone pinged in Atlanta Georgia and I don't know anyone that even lives close to there. Any help please am I just out this money or should I just keep pushing the issue. It wouldn't bother me to push it but when You spend an hour and a half on hold after being transferred 3 times because no one knows which dept to send you too
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cindy5595 

Your daughters old paypal should be identified by her email address so can she add that email address to her existing paypal account to accept those funds?

Seems very odd that a ''stranger'' would hijack your paypal account and know your daughters old paypal account to send it to?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.