Question about a refund

amboyle562
New Community Member

Hello, I am a senior citizen and not good with all of this on-line stuff. Ha Ha! Patience please. I ordered an item and never heard anything from the seller. Then I went to the Resolution Center which told me that they agreed with me concerning the seller and would refund the amount of my purchase and to check on my account under History. I can't seem to find that on PayPal's site. Also, since I use a credit card linked to paypal will the refund be returned there or will I have a balance with paypal.  Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.

Since you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.   If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card.  If the refund cannot be applied to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.  The bad news is refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company and or bank involved, hopefully it won't take that long for your but, it's just something to be aware of.

Account history can be found under the Activity section - there's a link on the top menu that will say "Activity".

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Pardon my mistype - I stated "PayPal Credit" whereas I should have typed "credit card".   Oops ....  Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.