Question On PayPal Product Purchase Failure

Dryst
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a headphone amplifier that was built and shipped from China on August 4, 2020.  I used this product after receiving to listen to music every day; however, it failed operation after approximately 40 days of daily usage.  It has a one year warranty from the manufacturer, and I contacted both the manufacturer and the online store for help.  I was told to ship the product to a repair shop in my country (USA), and I shipped it Fedex with signature confirmation.  The repair shop received it on October 22, 2020.  This repair shop has had the unit and continues to have it today without it being repaired.

I filed a dispute with PayPal over this incident, and I also escalated it to a claim.  I paid over $1,000 US dollars for this item that failed in very short time.  I am finding that PayPal does not allow disputes when 180 days have passed since the purchase, and fortunately I opened this dispute in time.  I am curious on what will happen next in this scenario.  I lack all confidence that the repair shop will fix the broken item.  They have had it now for over three months.

My question-- any idea of the chances of PayPal ruling in my favor over this incident? I have fulfilled my obligation as a buyer, and I cared for my product per the instructions.  I also paid the shipping cost to the repair facility where it still remains today.  My expectation is that the seller pay the shipping cost from the repair facility back to China for a return.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dryst
Contributor
Contributor

No responses at all to this...

Here is what I plan to do with this issue:

If PayPal, for whatever reason, decides to rule in favor of the seller and I lose my money for not having a working product that I purchased, I will dispute the cost of the product with my bank.  I will get my money back from my bank that I am entitled to.  PayPal will then take action against my account and also send my account to collections.  When that happens, I will sue PayPal in small claims court to have the issue removed from collections and any negative items regarding this removed from my credit report.  PayPal stands no chance at all in winning in court.  I will then stop using PayPal.  This matter will be resolved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Dryst
Contributor
Contributor

No responses at all to this...

Here is what I plan to do with this issue:

If PayPal, for whatever reason, decides to rule in favor of the seller and I lose my money for not having a working product that I purchased, I will dispute the cost of the product with my bank.  I will get my money back from my bank that I am entitled to.  PayPal will then take action against my account and also send my account to collections.  When that happens, I will sue PayPal in small claims court to have the issue removed from collections and any negative items regarding this removed from my credit report.  PayPal stands no chance at all in winning in court.  I will then stop using PayPal.  This matter will be resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.