Queenfy - another Chinese scam site selling women's clothing

cinnamongurlee
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a pile of polyester jumpsuits for a 70's themed dealio.

I got a package - one item.  emailed.  they said they sent two packages and to stand by.

Went on vacation - the other package arrived. One of the items was not what I ordered.  In fact all of the items were way lower quality than what was portrayed on the website.  They got back to me, and offered me a refund or  to reship the dress I originally ordered.  after waiting 6+ weeks, i said refund.  Then they told me that they would only refund 50% of the value of the dress and after a slew of emails, the said if i sent back the whole order (To CHINA) they'd refund 10% of the value of the order.

So I start escalating a claim through PayPal.  and I am awarded a refund.  But the return has to be received to an address IN CHINA.  NOT New York. and I need a tracking number - and the cost of that is more than half of the cheaply made sack of garbage clothing I purchased.

I am a relatively seasoned internet shopper, and apparently these Chinese companies fake consumers out by declaring they are located in American cities and this is pretty normal and average practise.  This is my first time with a company who is so utterly and blatantly dishonest, unethical and gross.

Lesson learned.  But what can we do as consumers to protect ourselves.  These companies are totally sleezy 😞

And what can we do to get these people shut down?  PayPal, you're receiving your fees from the sale, so I can't imagine you care much about the level of ethics in these transactions.  But this isn't ok.

Thoughts?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

I am sorry about the frustration this issue has caused you. Although i am a regular online shopper myself, i do avoid stores such as the one you mentioned. Avoiding these in the past few years made my shopping experience far better. Since you are interested in chinese products, i recommend you to shop from Aliexpress, one of the leading and largest e-commerece business you probably heard about. You can purchase almost anything there. Sellers are very friendly and professional, i myself had purchased bunch of stuff from there and so far i haven't had any complaint. Once one of my order wasn't delivered right on time and the seller refunded me without a question. 

About shutting them down, even if you do, they will always come back with a different branding or name. 

Login to Me Too

cinnamongurlee
Contributor
Contributor

So True.

While waiting for my parcel to arrive, I am wathcing the awful reviews pour in.  Looks as though these scammers are pros preying on those who don't know that they are new...and then pop up again as something new and improved.

Thanks for commiserating with me.

In the meantime, PayPal told me to contact the credit card company and see if they would reverse the charges on the item I never received.  At least that happened and I am getting something back at a fair rate.  Sad that the jerk seller didn't get raked over the coals, but oh well.  Winning doesn't mean justice every time!

Login to Me Too

cinnamongurlee
Contributor
Contributor

In addition, I had no idea this company was a Chinese company.  Their website says explicitly that they are located in New York.

It wasn't until I received the packages and escalated the claim that I learned that the company is actually based in China. 

This is how they make money - I feel slimed!

But hey, I got resolution.  I can move on now 🙂

Login to Me Too

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Looks lik e they are dropshipping business. They may locate in US but they simply purchase the goods once they get orders. Meaning you are not purchasing the product directly from manufacturer, you are purchasing via third party which means you are not getting a good deal either. 

Anyway, glad you got a resolution through paypal. 

Login to Me Too

ENAIDY1
New Community Member

#metoo  was scammed by this awful company.  I purchased an outfit that I thought was a jumpsuit and it was described as one.  When I received the item it was super cheap and cheesy looking and did not look nothing like described.  I reached out to the company and it took forever for me to get some scam type email response.  They finally sent another email stating I can return but must send to a Chinese address.  That is crazy.  I filed a claim with PP and they denied my claim.  I am just very unhappy and very disappointed that paypal will allow a scam company such as this.  DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.  SCAM SCAM SCAM

Login to Me Too

Tessss
Thanks for the reviews, I will not order from this company as I see it's just another renamed company in the long string of Chinese scam clothing companies. I'm disappointed that PayPal continues to associate themselves with these scam companies; I'm positive PayPal is aware of the complaints and scams. I currently view PayPal as a dependable, stand-up company; however, continued association with these types of companies will change my current position!
Login to Me Too

Slave2trent
You're exactly right. They portrayed themselves as being in NY. That's the only reason I ordered. I'm in NY and it's been over a month! Lol. Those fu**ers are getting more creative. I guess doing posts like this somewhat helps. My question is about Paypal. Aren't we buying "PayPal protected"? Why did they say to get in touch with your credit card company? Shouldn't they be helping us? I paid thru them a while ago. I guess that I have to go back and see what credit card I used. Lesson learned...Good luck everybody!!
Login to Me Too

Slave2trent
You are NOT kidding! Unfortunately, I read the review AFTER I ordered and just hoped it wouldn't happen...NOPE! still waiting. I am trying to dispute it on Paypal...ugh
Login to Me Too

donnathomas
I was scammed by this company also and have contacted PayPal but they refuses to do anything because they are part of the problem they are making money from this scam company and even with complaints they refused to not allow them to use PayPal, they advertise they are from New York but that is a lie that is fraud and PayPal does not care again PayPal is making money that is why they do not interfere with this scam they are part of it because they know they are scammers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.