Qualifications of a billing dispute

Maximums
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case for fraud/false advertising, where the seller lied about advertised details pertaining to changing an order. 

PayPal has replied back stating "Your billing dispute doesn't match our qualifications for a billing dispute" 

How on Earth does fraud/false advertising not match the qualification for a billing dispute? 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

laskylove715
New Community Member

Did you have any luck appealing their decision??  I received the same reply from PayPal, appealed it and then received the same generic email about a week later.  I don't understand what qualifies as a dispute then...?

Login to Me Too

User119
New Community Member
I paid a $100 for an item I never received. Was sent a tracking number for some item that arrrived to my home nearly a week before I paid for the item. That by the way is not even possible. I was denied twice after Appealing. What?!
Login to Me Too

Jennybeuth
Contributor
Contributor
What are the qualifications for a billing dispute?
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Maximums & @Jennybeuth 

I am very sorry to know that.

Please contact Customer Service via chat/email to file an appeal. To get there, kindly click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. OR, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note: There is a slim chance getting an immediate response as we are in skeletal schedule due coronavirus emergency. 

I greatly appreciate your patience on this.

Hello @laskylove715 

To view the qualification, please...

• Click 'Legal' at the bottom of PayPal pages
  • Choose your country
  • Click PayPal Account User Agreement
  • Click on Menu on the upper right corner
  • Click Sending money and buying
  • Select Purchase protection

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Jennybeuth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. I THINK I know now how to lodge my appeal!

Login to Me Too

jnobody3
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 items I thought were at a fair price considering they were overpriced elsewhere. As soon as paypal sent my money to a chinese account and payment was still pending I tried to cancel the purchase, paypal did not respond and my money went. There were none of the so called cancel a pending payment button I have always read about. Note the items I purchased are often counterfeited in China 

I researched, now that I knew I unwitting purchased outside of the US, QUIZEVERX  a online market place. One of their email addresses I found was associated with scammers from all over China. ScamExperts confirmed that they were indeed scammers.

Does this sound like a billing dispute?    I ask because I am appealing it with proof from email from seller and scam experts

Login to Me Too

eamonnm
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to me that this "DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A BILLING DISPUTE" is just a ruse on the part of PayPal to side set issues of false billing and corruption by their merchants, while keeping their % of the sales price which they would forego in the event of us 'suckers' being refunded. SHAME ON YOU PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.