Purchased from a fake website using paypal

Stephen_W
Contributor
Contributor

I went to purchase some earrings for my girlfriends birthday today from a store in Toronto. This is their website: https://mejuri.com/  However, instead I went to a website that is fake and a known fraud by police and the real company. I was unaware it was a scam until I placed the order. The fake site is here: https://www.mejurishop.com/  As you can see the site is done up to look real but when I payed the email address of the company was fake: <Removed> and the invoice said it was for electronics in my shopping cart, not earrings. 

The payment went through right away and is not even pending. I tried filing a suspicious activity report in haste because I wanted to try anything to stop from losing my 122 dollars. But sadly this only made things worse. Now my account actions are limited and It won't let me change my password to restore account. Having tried using 3 different web browsers on different devices. 

I need the following answers:

When can I file a dispute against this fraud? I clearly won't be receiving any products but when is the time frame I must wait for?

and also when will I be able to restore my paypal account to full function? I submitted my passport photo but the submit button like I said for my password change will not work.

I am getting sick and tired of the poor and frustrating paypal customer service. Someone please help me

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

alexmerrick
Contributor
Contributor

@Stephen_W  That is great to hear! And hopefully promising for the rest of us. I'm still trying to figure out how to reopen my closed dispute for this case and have sent a deluge of emails trying to explain what happened. Really hoping a real live human reads my emails. I've tried repeatedly to make contact with a person via chat on FB but I honestly don't think anyone is monitoring the chat - just the bot. Shall carry on and be patient! May I ask if the original dispute you opened was closed but then reversed? 

Login to Me Too

Stephen_W
Contributor
Contributor

@alexmerrick the original dispute remained as closed but a new one was able to be submitted once talking with a rep on facebook chat. Just had to send them an email with the info. I know its frustrating but don't give up everyone. Once you can reach a real person and provide the info you should be on your path to a refund. 

Login to Me Too

alexmerrick
Contributor
Contributor

Have had ZERO luck getting ahold of anyone via FB messenger and haven't had an email responded to since Monday from Paypal. This is so frustrating! Is anyone else having any luck via any other avenues? 

Login to Me Too

This happened to wife on the 6th.  What is the name of the Merchant on the charge that appeared on your account?  In my wife's case, it is: 'MiuFanBTS Inc'

Login to Me Too

Valerie89
Same happened to me, I placed an order on May 5th, I contacted Mejuri.com and advised me to file a claim. I filed it under “fraudulent charges” and now the case is closed! And nothing is resolved! This morning a got a phony tracking number so I don’t know if I should wait to see what I receive and then try contacting them again or file another report under “item not as described”? Please help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.