Purchased a fake good - no help from PayPal

Hertzwho
New Community Member

I purchased a fake good, and have had this confirmed by many people. In order for me to be able to get a refund for my good, PayPal are saying that I have to ship the good back to china and pay for the shipping myself! Not only that, but I checked and it would be illegal for me to knowingly send someone a counterfeit item, even if im just returning it. Paypal have been no help and when I contact them all I get is automated replies that are no help, if anyone is able to help me, I would be very grateful, thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hertzwho

Yes you have to return items back to a seller if you win an item received but not as described dispute, that is only fair.

BUT if the item is fake then you would need to get written company headed proof from a shop or company that sold / made the item OR from trading standards and supply it to Paypal, then you would not have to return it. You have up to 180 days to open a dispute so you have plenty of time to get that proof.

If paypal accepted the word of buyers that the item was fake, then whats to stop every buyer just saying 'fake' to save themselves the cost of returning the item and keeping item and refund?

You did not presumably supply that proof so paypal are dealing with it as a SNAD dispute and as such you have to return the item.

However if you have activated the below link before you made the transaction then paypal would pay up to £15 towards your return costs.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.