Purchased Tickets - Seller won't send them

katherinegrace0
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased tickets from a seller for tickets to Oktoberfest. However, the funds are pending in her account and she won't send the tickets until the funds are no longer held. What do I do in this situation? The money left my account and I have sent two confirmation receipts to the seller but she doesn't want to send the tickets without the funds. I would prefer not to dispute it but somehow receive my tickets as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Azure855 

If its the new seller hold then that information you have given is not correct.

@katherinegrace0 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 1 days.

They are at no more risk now than if they had the funds in their bank account. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute. If that happens Paypal refund the buyer under buyer protection and Paypal would then limit the sellers account and chase them to pay those funds back to Paypal.

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.
Non-Ebay Sales.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Azure855
Contributor
Contributor
Technically, if the funds are still pending, then the transaction can still be reversed fairly easily. Not saying you would do that, but obviously there are people out there who would. So I can see why the buyer would wait for funds to clear first - Kind of like if you deposit a cheque into your savings account, the bank won't let you draw on the money till the cheque has cleared even though the amount on that cheque might be reflected in your account balance. Hope that helped~~
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Azure855 

If its the new seller hold then that information you have given is not correct.

@katherinegrace0 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 1 days.

They are at no more risk now than if they had the funds in their bank account. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute. If that happens Paypal refund the buyer under buyer protection and Paypal would then limit the sellers account and chase them to pay those funds back to Paypal.

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.
Non-Ebay Sales.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

katherinegrace0
Contributor
Contributor
How long do you think I should wait before filing a dispute? I want to give them a chance to figure it out on their end but I am worried that the longer I wait, I won’t be able to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katherinegrace0 

Send them some of the info in the post above + the link and give them a few days to respond or send the item.

Then file for non receipt, but you can keep it in the dispute stage for a while to allow them to post it and if they do not then escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

katherinegrace0
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for the help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.