Purchase on Ebay, seller entered tracking number but never sent, his PayPal account frozen, scam?

dagu77
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having a similar problem?

i purchased a microphone on eBay. won in open auction. the seller entered a tracking number, but never sent it. so it is marked as shipped in the system. BUT, tracking information within eBay show the sellers local postal service has not accepted the microphone. and the tracking number has then been rejected.

still eBay claims, they can do nothing until the pending shipping time has run its course. even though they can see nothing has actually been shipped...?

ok, so i feel like this is time to ask for a refund from seller. seller has notified me he will not ship because his PayPal account is frozen so he won't get paid. while saying this, he want to refund my money, and ask me to send it to a new PayPal account. i reply and tell him i will not do this. and want to go through PayPal/ eBay as is. and ask him instead to just cancel the transaction.

after this he does not reply to my messages. i want to make a dispute. but not possible, because the seller has a blocked PayPal account. so in eBay, the transaction signals red flag, due to payment issues, and then directs me to PayPal for possible resolution. 

and in paypal, i can not open a claim or dispute directly with the seller... i dont get these options in my resolution center window or in my transaction information...

i have contacted PayPal with messages, asking for a refund, showing all this of course. i have it all on record. it has now been over 48 hours, without a reply... 

am worried sick this is some kind of scam, as i feel my situation falls "between the cracks" of regular system errors, and there are no standard channels for requesting a refund for this reticular situation available... 

what can i do?

frustrated, worried swede,

cheers,

david

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.