Purchase item no longer listed in transaction history when trying to log dispute.

Gavin1205
Contributor
Contributor

Good day everyone, I've got a huge problem on my hands, so basically, I've bought an item on ebay on 10 Aug 2018, seller(at the time there were only positive ratings)turned out to be a scam or his profile was hacked, item was never received to date. From other buyer's reviews it seems he sent out Lego blocks or cheap coins instead. I contacted ebay and they referred me to PayPal in requesting a refund as it's out of their buyer protection timeframe. I still have all the details of the transaction but this item is no longer listed here when I'm trying to log my dispute which is rather odd. What should I do now? There isn't a contact for PayPal via email either.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavin1205

Did you pay as a guest buyer or log into your paypal account to pay?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gavin1205
Contributor
Contributor
I was logged in via PayPal to complete the transaction through ebay.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavin1205

Click on activity > statements and do a search for the transaction id and then you can open a paypal dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gavin1205
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately that doesn't resolve the issue, it takes me back to the same screen when searching transactions and this particular one isn't showing.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavin1205

You should be able to search back for 3 years, so you are saying it is showing nowhere on that 3 year summary?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gavin1205
Contributor
Contributor
Oddly enough it's only showing transactions from 11 Aug 2018. The order which I was scammed happened on 10 Aug 2018.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavin1205

give customer services a call they should be able to pull it up for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.