Purchase from Fraudulent Chinese Company

Kresau
Contributor
Contributor

I make a purchase and used Paypal 4 payment plan.  I received product and it didn't fit so I contacted the legitimate site to return.  Only then did I realize that the seller was fraudulent.  I went to PayPal to back me up that this was an illegal seller selling items with the legitimate sellers name on it.  They seemed to only care that they got their money.  Very disappointing and am looking now for other services to replace PayPal.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kresau 

Yep i suggest that maybe you opened a dispute for an unauthorised transaction instead of one for item received but not as described?

However if you did open one for item received but not as described then you bought and received the item you ordered and sadly paypal does not get involved in quality issues, that would be between you and your chosen seller. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kresau
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you response.  I actually called PayPal and told them what happened and they recommended doing it the way it was done.  Your way makes a lot more sense, but now I received an email that my account has been limited for violating the agreement with PayPal.  Is that because I commented here on the Community chat?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kresau 

Gosh no, that would have nothing to do with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kresau
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal closed case for unauthorized transaction due to not covered under their PayPal Payment Plan. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.