Purchase from China

Kkcruz
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an bluetooth earphone online from China for a Christmas gift, and was thrilled that it came in time. BUT the thing doesn’t work! I immediately emailed the seller who didn’t get back to me for 10 days. I started a dispute with PayPal... then they answered me. They wanted a picture. There is no outside damage but I sent a picture anyway, because I want my refund. Now, they tell me that I can return it, and it may cost ME as much as $20 for postage OR they will give me $10! (It was $24.98) It was defective , its not like I changed my mind or I broke it, it came that way! Can they do this? What a racket, and they don’t care if they lose a customer there are thousands more out there. Makes me so mad! I read somewhere  that Paypal will step in and pay the return postage or work with the seller to get a refund?  Can someone who is Paypal savvy tell me the next step I should take? I looked around on the website, but Im confused. I could not find a phone number for customer service and I hear the wait time can be an hour or more. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kkcruz

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kkcruz

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.