Pumpkin scam

Ra1ph2o2o
New Community Member
I ordered a set of 3 led talking pumpkins $45.97 and received 3 dollar store pumpkins instead from CB CO.,LTD. I can't seem to find someone to talk to about it. I want a refund. This is a load of crap!!! What can I do about it?
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Foreman911
Contributor
Contributor
Keep fighting, I offered to pay a lost 15 for the three plastic ones I got so I did get my 55.00 refund. I sent PayPal my invoice and pic of what it was supposed to be and a pic of what I got. Hope this helps everyone!
Login to Me Too

brianminshew
New Community Member

I can't seem to reach a live person at paypal.  I filed a dispute but paypal closed it after the seller (who changes names frequently) lied and told paypal my correct shipment was on the way.  Now if I try to file a dispute or communicate via message center, it says my dispute was closed, thanks for using paypal??  What is my recourse here?  My credit card company is investigating but I want paypal to recognize this scam, refund our money and not make it so difficult to correct the situation!

Login to Me Too

Mike8452
New Community Member
I ordered these pumpkins on Facebook my mistake. I suspected something when the charge came across as going to “my new boat” but PayPal insisted I keep trying to contact the seller. I did get an email from the seller saying the product was on the way but like everyone else here I got the dollar store version of dog feces. **bleep** off.
Login to Me Too

Kirk1020

The same thing happened to me and have returned the cheap items they sent back to a place in NY. The seller offered partial refund which is half of what I paid and I rejected it.  Still waiting on full refund.

Login to Me Too

Anna-Banana
New Community Member

I also payed $45 for 3 singing, moving mouth pumpkins with projectors inside.  What I got was 3 Dollar Store cheap small plastic pumpkins that have a blinking light and laugh (one of them doesn't even work).  Such a fraud.  Not at all what was advertised. I filed a claim with PayPal and have 20days to resolve with the seller.  I'm not holding my breath. I want my money refunded. 

Login to Me Too

Vdish1977
Ordered my “animated” pumpkins on sept 6 and just received 3 cheap very small broken dollar tree pumpkins. The website is no longer operational. Total scam.
Login to Me Too

Dboero4
Contributor
Contributor
I pad for the animated pumpkin for my granddaughter. Today I received a small, very cheaply made, Dollar store pumpkin. Their site advertised USA but after payment went through Chinese writing came up! They probably buy these things for pennies on the dollar and make their profit by scamming people. Since they are based in China I doubt anything can be done, but I’m going to file complaints ....especially with Facebook who should screen their ads better. Lesson learned. Won’t buy from any FB adds. Buyer Beware!
Login to Me Too

rusald
Contributor
Contributor

movdiec.shop was the website that scammed me also. I placed an order on Sept. 8, 2020 for the following:

Factory Outlet ONLY $17.98 Halloween Flash Sale-Talking Animated LED Pumpkin - EXTRA-LARGE / 3 PCS(SCARY+SILLY+FUNNY PUMPKINS BUY 2 GET 1 FREE) × 1

$38.98

Weeks had gone by without any status on where my order was. I emailed them on Oct. 7, 2020 and asked where my order was. I got an Email response on Oct. 14, 2020 and all it said was "The logistics website has not been updated yet, please be patient. Thank you"

The website is no longer up. I have submitted a dispute with PayPal and have tried emailing the company asking for a refund with no response. I also hope that PayPal reads all this and sees that we were all scammed. Below is a picture of what I was expecting vs. what I got.WhatIBoughtVsWhatIGot.gif

Login to Me Too

PeteTheCat
Contributor
Contributor

The very same company is now operating the same scam via a different name - HoneySky. Their webpage is http://honeysky.net/  . What makes me sad is to see that their post on Facebook has been shared 14k times. It means that they are spending big on Facebook advertising, with the money you paid them for fake pumpkins. So the very same fake pumpkin scammers are pulling the exact same trick but this time is with a product called "Halloween Holographic Projection" I am expecting to see hundreds of people complaining here.

I believe they now have 60 active ads on Facebook and their video has been seen 3.2 million times!! this is their page - https://www.facebook.com/Honeysky-117896043163324/ 

What **bleep** me off most, is the fact that PayPal and Facebook are actively allowing for this to happen. Even if you report the page, they don't do anything. They don't take it out, the adverts are still going strong.

scam.JPG

If you've fallen for the scam already and the product is being shipped to you, try to intercept the package and refuse it. If you've received a form from customs to pay a fee, just don't pay it. What you will get will not be what they are advertising . My wife fall for it, so this is a first hand experience. 

Login to Me Too

brittferr1
New Community Member

I had the same, never again! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.