Pumpkin scam

Ra1ph2o2o
New Community Member
I ordered a set of 3 led talking pumpkins $45.97 and received 3 dollar store pumpkins instead from CB CO.,LTD. I can't seem to find someone to talk to about it. I want a refund. This is a load of crap!!! What can I do about it?
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

shannonnapier
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Now PayPal is telling me i have to send it back to China if i want a refund. That would cost $50+. 😡
Login to Me Too

rcnyny
Contributor
Contributor
If it helps, I still have the envelope those crappy pumpkins came in. The return address is in NYC. They claimed to be a US shipper. Reply to PayPal and the seller that they advertised as a US company and that you have the address. I’m not home now, but I’ll post the return address. Maybe that can help.
Login to Me Too

shannonnapier
Contributor
Contributor
Mine has a return address for Indiana, but paypal says it has to go to China. 🤷‍♀️
Login to Me Too

rusald
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have that NYC address. Mine came from there also, but I can't find my original package cover with the address. Paypal says I need to send it to China. I will send a note to china and pay $2 to do so and let them know there package was sent back to original sender, but I need the NY address please.

Login to Me Too

Foxyphonix
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing hallen, I had to call paypal customer service and file a dispute, submitted photos as proof as to what I received vs what I had ordered
Login to Me Too

byucougsfan
Contributor
Contributor
Don't bother with a dispute. Paypal won't help you unless you fill out a form that requires tons of info most people won't/don't have due to this being a Facebook purchase. My dispute was denied
Login to Me Too

Wwyatt1987
Same issue except I paid $99 for the 3 pumpkins and received 3 dollar tree ones
Login to Me Too

Jyamal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently in a dispute with the same issues.  It looks like it is going in my favor.  I ordered a pumpkin with three video options for over $90.  I received a package but it is not what was advertised.  The shipping receipt said that the contents are worth $1.66.  I am requesting a refund 

for the difference.  

I received a package from <removed> SHENZHEN GUANGDONG <removed> CHINA Phone <removed>

The package had three small plastic lanterns with a single battery-powered LED inside. The package receipt shows a value of $1.66USD.

Below is what was advertised:
"Halloween Talking Animated Pumpkin with Built-In Projector & Speaker - 3 PCS Scary+Silly+Funny pumpkins × 1"

THIS IS NOT MATCH WITH WAS WAS ADVERTISED!!!!

Since shipping the package back will cost more than what it is worth, I am requesting a $97.79USD refund.  Let that company pay for shipping!

PayPal said that I have 3 days to reply.  It's been only 6hrs.  Let see how this turns out.

Login to Me Too

Robbieroach
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered and payed for 3 talking animated projector Halloween pumpkins and received 1 small cheaply made battery operated that only flashes weak lights Total rip off, can’t believe Facebook can allow these scammers to rip off innocent people on such a large scale, I want my money back
Login to Me Too

Kirk1020

I have the exact same experience from my order via Facebook on 9/25/20. Will be my first and last time I order via Facebook. I was charged by a company from China called "New Boat Sailing" via Paypal.  They sent three cheap plastic pumpkins that was not what I ordered AFTER I filed a complaint for not receiving my order.  I returned the three cheap plastic pumpkins and still in dispute. The offered a partial or half refund and I rejected it since I already returned my order. Still waiting on full refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.