Providing rebuttal documentation

0one0
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some security cameras from a website which I assumed was in the US. After making the purchase I found out that that the site was from China as all correspondence was in chinese They gave me a tracking number and I assumed that I would be getting the item. When I get the package it was a flat bubble wrapped package with a China Post label.  When I opened the package I found a few worthless plastic trinkets. I knew that I had been defrauded. I contact Paypal and filed an item not as described dispute. The next day the seller responded to the dispute and send they would refund my money if I sent them back the original items back which in my case were the worthless plastic trinkets.  To top it all off their return address was in all Chinese characters where I have no idea what it says, nor do I think will  the post office. Secondly I don't think there is any way to track the package to provide proof to paypal. The only option I am given from paypal is to accept the sellers offer and send back the stuff to get the refund (with no tracking proof of receipt) or close the disputed case. There is no option for rebuttal or to provide documentation to prove my case. I can provide paypal with pictures from the website of the sale and my receipt. Paypal has all the messenger messages of the receipt and email of the tracking info. I can send them a picture of te mailing envelope (the size of the label) and the trinkets within. I have enough proof to plead my case with no way to plead it. Because of Covid paypal is not answering customer service calls. I sent them a message on their site but got no response back.  I have had a long relationship with paypal and don't want to drop their business. Anyone know what can be done?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@0one0 

Paypal cover you for exactly what they say they will cover you for in their buyer protection policy.

So if you win a dispute for item received but not as described then paypal offer you a full refund on return of the item to the seller.

They will also refund some or all of your return shipping costs if you have activated the 'return shipping' link in your paypal account.

If you contact them then they will give you an English version of the address.

Finally if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then maybe consider a chargeback instead? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

0one0
Contributor
Contributor

Forum didn't help, I eventually got hold of a human at Paypal customer service, was able to explain the situation to them, and got a refund. Paypal still does not provide a way to argue your case and to provide supporting documentation. The best way is to get hold of an actual person at Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.