Provide purchase receipt from your supplier?

BrisbaneHarris
New Community Member

I was selling clothes I don't wear and things I've bought a long time ago that I don't use. I don't have a supplier. What do I do? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jneat
Contributor
Contributor

Similar issue to another post from tonight, crossposted and linking to OP(@Carole308).  I have sold two things ever with paypal, through ebay.  I am a consumer, not a business.  Both were collectible trading cards purchased on the secondary market.  Got a notification tonight that my account was limited, and that I needed to provide supplier information.  I do not have supplier info as the purchase was several years ago, and even if I did the value wouldn't match because the card accrued value.  I know this is probably us/me tripping some sort of automated feature, but it's infuriating that it's so off in terms of what it is asking for, and that the transaction was in June, if in fact it was what tripped it.  The only thing I can think of is that the amount was high in comparison to both what I purchase and against anything I sold.  Have you sold high-value items lately?  

Login to Me Too

jpudlz
Contributor
Contributor

We've never sold ANYTHING & just got the e-mail asking for supplier info & photo ID. 

Login to Me Too

jneat
Contributor
Contributor

My account was just restored.  I scanned my photo ID and provided that, but not the supplier info, and messaged them through the messaging center and Facebook.  Just lay out the situation, and hopefully you can get the same response.  Given that the usual review process takes days, I'm assuming this is a fluke and and error on their part.

Login to Me Too

Gilles_Saracini
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, 

I'm having the same issue. Just sold some of my old music gear on Reverb, it's like Ebay but for musical gear only. I'm also a private person, not a business, I cannot provide a supplier since I bought the items in question many months or even years ago in private transactions. "Problem" is I live in Europe and PayPal is unreachable. On Facebook, the automated messages tell me to check the help center, which doesn't help and the automated messages I get from the Paypal message center tell me the same thing. The issue in itself is not that big of a deal, but this is extremely frustrating because not only is my money in limbo, but I am also unable to use my PayPal account for any kind of transaction whatsoever. And I cannot reach anyone. 

Please help 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.