Protections

Josh2503
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I’m buying off the app DEPOP, and have spent £200 with a buyer. Am I safe if he tries to scam me and not send my items. Am I guarenteed my money back IF he does. Cheers really not sure on this one, needs some re assurance haha.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

anros
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. If you log in to your Paypal account and find the payment\transaction in your activity feed\list, click Details and scroll to the bottom of the page. You should find: 

"Having problems with this transaction? Please talk directly to the seller and try to resolve the issue with them. 
You can still report the problem in the Resolution Centre within 180 days." 

Once you click the 'Resolution Centre' link you can follow the instructions to get your money back. 

Cheers, flipboard.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Josh2503

As no one here knows anything about your transaction / how your paying etc etc etc then the best thing I can advise if for you to go and actually read up on Paypals buyer protection policy in their user agreement so you can risk assess your transactions and see what coverage you have.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

anros
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. If you log in to your Paypal account and find the payment\transaction in your activity feed\list, click Details and scroll to the bottom of the page. You should find: 

"Having problems with this transaction? Please talk directly to the seller and try to resolve the issue with them. 
You can still report the problem in the Resolution Centre within 180 days." 

Once you click the 'Resolution Centre' link you can follow the instructions to get your money back. 

Cheers, flipboard.com

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anros

They can open a dispute but its dependent on how they paid and dependent on if they were covered as to if they get a refund or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.