Proof of business address

FaisalNawaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I'm a freelancer living in Saudi Arabia with a business PayPal account, recently I was asked to upload some documents of which all of them were accepted except the "Proof of Address". I as an expatriate cannot own a property or residential apartment on my own name neither the Electricity or Water bill will be issued against my name. I have registered the National Address on Saudi Post platform (Government issued document), which i provided to PayPal but got rejected. Then I have provided the bank account statement (that doesn't contain the address) and credit card statement ( with address), but unfortunately both of these were also rejected. I have sent several emails at PayPal helpline also but still no response. I am really getting worried and disappointed by the recent proceedings by PayPal as I have been using my account for the past two years without any problems. Please help. Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

imrseo
Contributor
Contributor

sadly same issue i have 😞

Login to Me Too

josephmarvinant
New Community Member

Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried government documents and they did not work.

Login to Me Too

FaisalNawaz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Joseph, I had the same problem for more than a month, been providing them all related documents but of no use. Finally its solved:

1. Download the statement of local saudi bank Credit Card which is connected with Paypal (it must have a line or two mentioned as billing address)

2. Go to PayPal settings and change your current billing / residential address exactly similar to the one mentioned on Credit Card and make it as primary address

3. Submit the credit card statement as pdf or jpeg file

They should confirm your proof of address within 48 working hours.

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Temp20210409B
New Community Member

Please help me, I am from UAE and I had the same problem for more than a 2 months, Please help me!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.