Proof of a service

iks
New Community Member

Hi, 

I provided a tutoring service to a buyer. He paid a token amount before the service through Paypal. I helped him and submitted all the desired work on time. After receiving everything, he blocked me on whatsapp (where we had all our communication). Then he raised a claim for the amount he sent as "Item not received". In response, I provided all our conversation screenshots and the work I submitted, as proof to Paypal. Still, Paypal decided the case in buyer's favor. What else can I provide to raise an appeal. Since this is a service, there is no tracking number or so.

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iks

“Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)” means any compelling evidence to show the purchase order was fulfilled and includes all of the following:

a. The date the item or service was provided;

b. The recipient’s address (email/IP, etc) where applicable.

NOTE: Although Buyer Protection extends coverage to buyers for intangible items, Seller Protection does not apply to intangible items.

9.5 Items/Transactions not Eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.

The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection:

• Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described.
  • Items that you deliver in person, including at a point of sale.
  • Intangible items, including Digital Goods and services.
  • Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards or vouchers).
  • Gold Bullion.
  • PayPal Direct Payments (including Virtual Terminal Payments and Website Payments Pro/Plus payments).
  • Mass Payment / Payouts.
  • Counterfeit goods.
  • Items that are not shipped to the recipient address. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
  • Donations.
  • Financial products and investments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.