Proof of Delivery

bndc98
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a new unassembled outdoor shed for $300+ dollars from a seller. The specs on the shed states that it weighs 95 lbs. The seller shipped a 5 lb package via UPS to a home in my town (UPS won't tell me the address, only that it wasn't my address).  PayPal says I am responsible for the charges since the seller has a proof of shipment and delivery to a home in my town.  I pointed out that the shed (which I never received) weighs 95 lbs and the proof of delivery shows that the package only weighed 5 lbs.  They say I have to resolve this with the seller, or prove that I never received the package.  I asked how can I prove a negative?  They said I need to contact UPS, which won't provide any information, which is, of course, why the seller used UPS to mail the package. Any suggestions on how to get out of this Catch-22 nightmare with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bndc98 

Heard this scam before, so you're not the only one. Don't Lowes, Home Depot, Menard's sell sheds? Instead of to some random shady unknown seller who threw up some cookie cutter template Shopify store with too good to be true prices? Sigh. You'll need to get official letter from UPS's fraud dept saying that the street address for tracking number blah blah blah does not have your address as the ship to, etc. File an ic3.gov and local pd police report. Some local pd depts may refuse to file but you must insist, proclaiming this is fraud and PayPal needs a report to refund you. Then bring all this info as pdfs ready to upload when appealing the case. If that doesn't work, and you paid with a credit card, file dispute with card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bndc98 

Heard this scam before, so you're not the only one. Don't Lowes, Home Depot, Menard's sell sheds? Instead of to some random shady unknown seller who threw up some cookie cutter template Shopify store with too good to be true prices? Sigh. You'll need to get official letter from UPS's fraud dept saying that the street address for tracking number blah blah blah does not have your address as the ship to, etc. File an ic3.gov and local pd police report. Some local pd depts may refuse to file but you must insist, proclaiming this is fraud and PayPal needs a report to refund you. Then bring all this info as pdfs ready to upload when appealing the case. If that doesn't work, and you paid with a credit card, file dispute with card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.