Proof of Delivery Not Accepted by Paypal

Birkebeiner
Contributor
Contributor

I recently filed a dispute and eventually a claim on an item i returned to a seller.  The seller refused to refund the original cost of 1000 GBP  and Paypal subsequently ruled in my favour.  Problem solved?  Nope!    I provided proof of shipping and confirmation of delivery as requested by Paypal.   I returned the item via Canada Post with a signature guarantee and an attempted delivery was made to the sellers home.  No one was there to receive, notification was left and the package was brought back to the local UK post office.  The seller arrived at the local post office the next day, presented his identification and retrieved the item.   I provided Paypal all relevant receipts, tracking details and a confirmation from the local postal outlet that the addressee picked up the package.  Not good enough says paypal.  My claim was subsequently rejected and paypal cited lack of proof of delivery due to lack of addressee signature.  So the post office failed to obtain the signature according to my instructions, however they confirmed the delivery was made to the addressee.   This is the short version description of a long 4 month ordeal.  Paypal has absolutely no sense of how to handle these cases.  I've spoken to at least 5 representatives, each with different opinions and advice and no real understanding of the buyer protection policy.  I'd like to escalate this further but have no idea how to proceed.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.