Proof of Adress Rejected and Account Limitation

Dia__
Contributor
Contributor
I had to verify my identity after I hit the money limit, sent in my various documents for identity confirmation and proof of adress. My ID card was accepted but my proof of adress wasn't. I'm a collage student with no bills to pay yet (electricity/phone bills) or have a driver's license since I don't own a car. My bank statement that showcased my full adress was rejected twice now, and I have no other way to show my proof for the adress I live currently in. My ID card that was given to me by my country authorities has my full name, image of me and full address, but PayPal didn't took the adress part into consideration, despite my ID card being an official proof for that. I contacted customer service and I got no response (it's been more then 24 hours), and I need my account limitation gone since I'm a student and any money that I receive from my freelance art career is highly important (which atm I can't extract the money into my bank account). I'm stuck with this situation and at this point I really don't know what to do.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi Dia_,

This sounds frustrating. When you reach certain limits on your account we must request verification to confirm the identity of the account to comply with regulations. As we are asking for these documents to comply with regulations there are only certain documents we can accept. You mention that you uploaded your bank statement, this is something that we would normally accept. In order for us to be able to accept it, your full name and address must be printed on it and it must be dated within the last 6 months. The information that is registered on your PayPal account must match what is listed on your statement. If the information does not match then the document can be rejected. I would recommend that you check that the information is correct and that we can view all the information on your document and if not please try uploading it again. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Dia__
Contributor
Contributor
All the information from the bank statement was correct, I later found out that the document was odlder then 12 months. I sent in last night a recent document from my school, it's officially signed and has my name and adress on it, but this morning I woke up with en email stating that the limitations can't be lifted from the account, and I need to follow some steps below, but the email was completely empty with no extra information for me to follow, ending it "Yours sincerely...". It didn't stayed if the document I sent was wrong, had missing information or I need to get another document. I'm currently waiting for a proper response regarding the documents I sent Sunday night.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Thank you for the update @Dia_. If your bank statement was out of date then I would recommend trying to print an up to date one and send that to us as I am not so sure we would be able to accept documents from your school to prove your address. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Dia__
Contributor
Contributor
I will try to get an up to date bank statement as soon as possible, thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

You are very welcome @Dia_ 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.