Proof of Address with Non Latin Letters

JustSomeone
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone,

I am from Greece and Paypal has asked me for a proof of address document. I can provide with the documents they are asking for, but everything will be in Greek. 

My name and my address in my PayPal account are with Latin letters. The name in my passport is both in Latin and Greek letters, so i have no problem with the proof of identity.

However, the proof of address is only with Greek letters. 
Bank statements, bill accounts or anything that is being accepted by PayPal, will have Greek letters.

This means, that my address in PayPal will not match (Latin Letters vs Greek letters) .
Even if i change my address in PayPal and use Greek Letters, then in the proof of address my name will be in Greek (As presented in my passport) but in PayPal account will be in Latin (again valid. In my passport both are presented. Greek and Latin)

Does anyone know how can i proceed?

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @JustSomeone,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

No worries! If you still did not upload your proof of address, you may upload it in Greek. We can accept as proof of address a financial statement, utility/mobile phone bills (e.g. gas, electricity, water), proof of residency, insurance bill or renewal forms, printed payslip, government-issued documents (e.g. tax bill, certificate of tax credits/allowances, balancing statement, rates of council tax bill). It must contain your full name, the logo of the company/bank, the issue date and the name and address must match the details on your PayPal account exactly, even in Greek.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @JustSomeone,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

No worries! If you still did not upload your proof of address, you may upload it in Greek. We can accept as proof of address a financial statement, utility/mobile phone bills (e.g. gas, electricity, water), proof of residency, insurance bill or renewal forms, printed payslip, government-issued documents (e.g. tax bill, certificate of tax credits/allowances, balancing statement, rates of council tax bill). It must contain your full name, the logo of the company/bank, the issue date and the name and address must match the details on your PayPal account exactly, even in Greek.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

JustSomeone
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed i upload in Greek and it was approved in a few hours. Amazing response time!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.