Promptly submitted all of the required forms & documents yet account still restricted for months now

NewMom
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal community, 

On Feb 25, I received an email requesting for more information on our business model and websites, which we responded the same day. 

In April, I received additional information which I also submitted immediately. I was told that if Im late with the submission, I can no longer accept payments but are still able to withdraw money from my Paypal account. On April 24, It asked for more additional information to upload to the resolution page but since I've already submitted the documents, there was no way I could upload anything. It was grayed out. 

To add salt to wound, Paypal decided to restrict me sending payments from my account, which was not included from their initial warning. My funds are unusable at the moment.

Keeping calm, I called the customer service on June 12 of this year. I was transferred from the US/Can team to the PHL team and then back to the compliance team. Brenda from the compliance/back-end team said that my account was probably over-looked and I should expect a non-generated, email from a real person requesting additional information. 

Brenda was right! On June 17, I received an email from Mia of Paypal requesting additional information - Which I immediately responded. The frustrating part was that I couldn't respond to Mia directly and had to do it thru the ContactUs form. The message looked very convoluted as I wasn't even allowed to add spacing for paragraphs and upload attachments. 

Anyway, last Friday June 28 US time, I called again to get a status report. Ely from the compliance/backend department said that my explanation to MIA looked good and that all I had to do was upload the screenshot they requested. He gave me a special link to upload and said wait 24-48hrs to get the account back in working order. 

I still haven't heard back since last Friday but really hope things will finally move forward. I spoke with 6 individuals over the phone and the tone from both parties were cordial and respectful. In fact, one of them even apologized for the inconvenience. 

Can fellow paypalers share experiences? Would it help if I upgraded to a business account? I still admire and respect Paypal. But please hurry up guys because it's causing a lot of inconvenience 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NewMom
Contributor
Contributor

Got the warning in Feb. Limitation implemented in April. Limitation finally lifted in July. Contacting via social media (twitter, FB) was ineffective. 

Nothing beats talking to an agent/rep. If your case is complex, expect to be transferred from one department to another. My advice is to be persistent, be punctual with your response and lastly be cordial and polite. I called 3 times and spoke with 7 reps and received a direct (non computer generated) email. So that's 8 interactions plus 4 document submissions. 

Hope this helps community members. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

NewMom
Contributor
Contributor

Got the warning in Feb. Limitation implemented in April. Limitation finally lifted in July. Contacting via social media (twitter, FB) was ineffective. 

Nothing beats talking to an agent/rep. If your case is complex, expect to be transferred from one department to another. My advice is to be persistent, be punctual with your response and lastly be cordial and polite. I called 3 times and spoke with 7 reps and received a direct (non computer generated) email. So that's 8 interactions plus 4 document submissions. 

Hope this helps community members. 

Login to Me Too

relobdell
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same situation. I was actually running a business through PayPal which was going great until I had some fraudulent activity and had to get a new bank card. For a month after I continued to do business. Then all the sudden I couldn't add money to my prepaid PayPal card. I have contacted PayPal at least 10 times. Not only have they stopped me from doing business, I used all my money from my personal account to do business with the PayPal account. Needless to say I am broke, with Christmas gifts to buy my children. I am living on a fixed income, and was barely surviving running the business through PayPal. Although I had good hopes of it succeeding, this halt in my business is going to be detrimental to its future. I am so embarrassed I have to borrow money to eat. If PayPal could work on one thing it would be to take care of their existing customers like they were the most important thing that they have. My money has been accessible since November 30th It is now December 20th and I am in a total panic with an anxiety disorder. Thanks PayPal for all your help during this epidemic and at Christmas time. please resolve this issue as soon as possible so I can get on with my holidays. I've submitted everything you've asked for and then some. There is zero reason to have a hold on my account at this point.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.