Product scam and Paypal Purchase Protection from products ordered from China

jcm299792458
Contributor
Contributor

This company https://skortu.com/products is a scam selling a product that doesn't exist. They claim to send a monocular with 300 times zoom made with "nano technology" but NONE of which is true and the item received is significantly different than what they are advertising in their website. They are attempting to offer partial refunds even though their product is entirely fraudulent and I cannot accept that kind of resolution considering this is criminal in nature.

After over a month waiting for Paypal they finally responded that they will refund the full purchase price but I have to spend almost $50 to ship this fraudulent item to china to get $50 back.  This means I'm still down my original purchase price.

According to the purchase protection it states " If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund."  I was under the impression that I was not taking a risk with this purchase and they never warn us about the cost to ship back to China.  This is how the scammers make money.  Who is going to spend more money shipping than they'll get back?  Paypal purchase protection is not a purchase protection as I am at a full loss.

I'm thinking of bringing Paypal to small claims court because they offered me "purchase protection" but there is no protection at all when you factor in the ridiculous price to ship to China.

How many people have deal with a loss after going through the purchase protection?  If there are many we may be able to file a class action so that we don't get burned any more by any purchase protection claims

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.