Product received was FAKE!

floridajack
Contributor
Contributor

On February 23 I ordered and paid for Morgan silver dollars not knowing at the time that the seller was in China (subsequent to placing the order, everything in any correspondence was in Chinese characters except the email address which was FAKE). I was suspicious of the order from the start because the dollar amount charged ($129.98) was LESS than I expected to pay. When a month went by hearing nothing from the seller, I disputed the transaction. Shortly thereafter I got an email(?) from the seller telling me that the order had been shipped, now some 40 days after paying for it. The FAKE coins arrived today and my dispute was cancelled TWO days ago by PayPal despite my asking to please wait until the product arrived. The "coins" are obviously FAKE and I think the community should know. Apparently PayPal is okay with their customers/members being sold counterfeit goods. I have been a PayPal customer/member for more than 20 years and I expected better!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us thru Community Forum. Im sorry to hear that the dispilute wad been cancelled. One of the probable reason is because seller response on the dispute by providing tracking # and the item was delivered. However on your scenario even though item was received it was still not the item that you order. We can still help you and you are still covered by our buyer protection plan. We can have your dispute change from item not received to significantly not as described. I will include here a guidelines to follow hope this will help

Can I change my reason for filing a dispute or claim?

Yes. You can change your reason if you originally filed a dispute because you didn’t receive your item, and then received the item but found it to be different from the description.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases.
  3. Find your case and click View from the Action column.
  4. If you haven't escalated to a claim yet, click Change your reason for this dispute.
  5. If you've already escalated to a claim, click Change your reason for this claim.
  6. Follow the instructions provided.

By changing the dispute reason, you automatically escalate the dispute to a claim. This means that you're asking PayPal to review your case and decide whether you're eligible for a refund. We reach a decision in most cases within 30 days.

Login to Me Too

floridajack
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "Change dispute to a claim" button anywhere on my screen. All it does it take me in circles!

Login to Me Too

floridajack
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you whoever replied but there is NO OPEN case that would allow me to change the reason for the dispute. Did you not read my complaint?

Login to Me Too

Gelai0408
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Sorry about that, you can still reopen the case for this scenario however the our customer support team has the access to  have this one reopen and do some changes with the help of supporting documents that will be requested. As of this moment or customer support team is temporary close due to CoVid-19 pandemic but once we are fully operational you can give us a call so we can have this case reopen for you. 

Login to Me Too

hollow40
New Community Member

Jack,

did you get any help with this? I am experiencing same issue . 

Login to Me Too

floridajack
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely not! They're a bunch of Covididiots at PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.