Product not as described return cargo to China

greentarpon
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased some fishing reels that were of very poor quality and not as described,, I filed a complaint it was told to return cargo to China.. The return address on the package I received was from Chino Ca. usa. PayPal has asked me to return items to China at the cost of $190 .. Total purchase price on fishing reels was $177 not able to contact anybody in PayPal could someone please help me to resolve this issue it will be greatly appreciated thank you.  Case ID: PP-D-53257034

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Reets27

I have the same problem. I was to receive an Self cleaning litter box and I received a litter box and scoop that would barely fit a kitten let alone my 19lb cat. No self cleaning what so ever. False advertising.  In order to receive my refund they want me to send it back but it cost more to return it than what it is even worth. So disappointed with PayPal at this moment. So much for buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reets27 

@greentarpon 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.