Product Returned to Seller, paypal still denied case and sent to collection

bk400

This is the third time I am trying to resolve this payment since October. I just was made aware that Paypal has sent this to collections.

I attempted to cancel this specific transaction through the seller within 24 hours of placing the order after it was falsely advertised that the product would ship from a US warehouse. The seller is actually a Chinese based seller of laptop batteries that advertised shipping out of USA. I only found out later that they are not a reputable company. 

The seller agreed to a refund by email, then stopped responding to me via email and shipped the product anyway. I received no tracking notice, and when I received the product in the mail I returned to sender unopened after following the advice of a paypal agent who I called and send if you return to sender it would be treated as a return and noted in my case.

After another month with no refund, I contacted paypal once again through chat and they appeal my case, but as a billing dispute which was rejected because it was not a billing dispute? Since then they debited my account and sent it to collections. I don't check my paypal account often and hadn't realized the case was even rejected, because I had expected Paypal to process it as a refund, since that what the original agent told me on the phone. 

I would like the original phone call to the Paypal agent to be reviewed, she specifically said that if I returned the package to sender they would process a return, and that paypal has a copy of the tracking number from the seller. I can't even get into contact with Paypal as they just send the call to a collection's company. 

I emphasize: I did exactly what the original paypal agent told me to do and send back the product. I was expecting a refund as the seller originally agreed to one, and PayPal should have the tracking history from the seller. Currently I can't do anything as the case is closed and my account balance is negative

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.