Product Not As Described

KBJ
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a toy for $69. It came from China and it was not the product I ordered. PayPal's resolution is to return the product for a refund, even though I provided photos, their video of product, etc. That's fine except it's going to COST ME $150.00 USD to mail back the toy that isn't really worth $10 USD let alone the $69 I spent. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions? Did you ever get it resolved in your favor?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Christy_B
Contributor
Contributor

Well Honestly what i would do is contact the seller and explain to them what your problem is. If they pay you no mind i would bring it to Amazon support because thats a scamming problem. I would also report the seller along with leaving a bad review. If it was from Ebay or any other selling site i would do the same. Just a tip never order from wish, Not only do they scam they take your money and give you terrible items in return. I hope you found this helpful <3.

Login to Me Too

DMoody007
New Community Member

Dealing with a similar issue and still contesting the dispute with PayPal.  I am convinced this is a standard business model used in China.

Advertise in a flashy way not noting where the item is coming from.  Limit Customer Service to an 800 number or email only.  Combine shipments in non-descript plastic bags with a bar code.  Ship merchandise overseas via shipping container as if raw merchandise going to a retail outlet.  In a US warehouse, some poor minimum wage shmuck unloads the shipping container in a warehouse. Scans  the barcode on the bag. Generates a USPS shipping label from California to you.  This limits their duty and taxes and shipping costs.  The plan then is for you to either accept it or complain.  If you complain, you need to do what they didn't do which is ship back to China from your address with the retail value costing you duties and taxes.  Costing you well over the cost of goods or significant enough to make you cringe and drop the issue.

In my case, I found the drop ship location in California.  I am trying to get Paypal to force the company to accept the return from the point of origin in the US since it is a location tied to their company and disperses their merchandise.  If they can ship it to me from there, they can take it back there.

I found issues with PayPal having hundreds of similar complaints and not acting like a reputable company and helping consumers/members avoid issues like this.  I personally see them as complacent and do not plan to let them off the hook so easy.  I don't think anyone has really held them to the fire and I think if more of us do, it will hurt them enough to do more to resolve these issues or avoid them.  Just my two cents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.